Leader of Gartner’s Digital Markets corporate narrative and branding, including creative services, public relations, communications, and strategic partnerships. This VP will lead a team that drives the creation and execution of printed and digital marketing assets including all brand/company messaging to ensure there is a consistent “look and feel” to the Digital Markets brand, messaging and positioning that is leveraged across the business. He or she will be the key marketing leader in executing an integrated marketing and communications strategy to ensure consistency across all brand segments and sites globally and customer experience touch points. The role reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and works closely with other members of the Marketing Leadership Team, with senior executives, and HR.
* Act as the primary leader to advance the Digital Market brands (Software Advice, Capterra, GetApp and Gartner Digital Markets), voice, and impact
* Ensure consistent integrated brand representation across all brands, channels and touch points.
* Innovate with new media marketing tactics; social, digital, CRM and direct response.
* Establish and enhance direct to consumer marketing strategy across channels.
* Proficiency managing external relationships and agencies.
* Build strong partnerships and establish credibility with the internal team, based upon a demonstrated collaborative approach, leadership skills and experience.
* Work cross-functionally to integrate marketing, product, sales, sourcing and production and other related functions with brand marketing and creative.
* Evaluate and track key metrics and success criteria for all marketing, advertising, and PR programs and activations.
* Anticipate and implement necessary changes to strategy and execution process to support the company’s expansion both geographically and through new marketing initiatives and campaigns.
* Work closely with marketing peers to develop, in house or through the use of agency resources, powerful creative that breaks through
* Manage a team of brand, PR, creative, events, and communications experts combining both technical and aesthetic requirements for superior customer experiences
* Create, manage and refine marketing communications metrics to advise the CMO and the Digital Market executive team on data-driven decisions regarding measurements of brand awareness, PR and social share of voice, and other key data sets to measure the health of our programs
* Continuously update and educate the organization on proper brand messaging to ensure compliance and consistency
Locations: Austin, TX or Arlington, VA preferred
Will also consider: Stamford, CT, NYC
* Bachelor’s degree in marketing , business, or related field required; advanced degree preferred with strong background in qualitative and quantitative research and analytics
* Collaborative leader who understands the interconnectivity of strategy, brand building, and marketing innovation.
* Execution oriented leader
* "Disruptive” thinker, who challenges others to think differently and innovate in service to the brand and the business.
* 15+ years of experience successfully building and executing an integrated marketing and communication strategy within a start-up, early and high growth business with financial metric responsibility.
* Strong experience and proven track record of innovating and executing new media marketing tactics in social, digital, CRM and direct response
* Superior analytical and decision-making skills with the ability to translate into an executable strategic plan.
* Market facing with a track record of strong consumer understanding and foresight.
* Success using data (KPIs) in a measurable way to achieve a specific strategic result that is relevant to the organization.
* A high level of learning agility with the ability to translate conceptual strategies into easily understood execution plans and change management.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* An alliance builder who is able to integrate himself/herself into the GDM culture and work collaboratively with global teams.
* A proven extraordinary team and culture builder.
* An individual who is able to operate in a matrix and cross-functional organization.
* A global citizen who is committed to driving social impact in an authentic, unique and resonant way. A high degree of perseverance and level of patience.
* Strong intellectual curiosity with a passion for interpreting quantitative data and creating actionable insights that are applied to business decisions
* Skilled in problem definition and ability to conduct rigorous analyses
* Expert level Excel and PowerPoint skills
* Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to “tell the story” and influence senior level stakeholders and colleagues
* Strategic thinker with “roll-up your sleeves to make it happen” mindset
Job ID 00015481
A little about us:
The world’s leading information technology, marketing and supply chain research and advisory company.