Who We Seek:
You are a dynamic, creative and resourceful communication professional who takes initiative, thrives in a fast- paced environment and is excited about being part of a team responsible for transforming the customer experience. You are comfortable operating in an agile environment, but also possess solid experience successfully navigating the complexities of a large organization. You are a strong team player with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to operate at both a strategic and tactical level. About the Role:
The U.S. Businesses Enabling Solutions (ES) group is a recently formed organization reporting to Caroline Faulkner. This position provides communication, relationship management, and value storytelling in a strategic and consultative manner. You are responsible for thought leadership in developing and delivering a strategic communication plan that will drive Enabling Solutions culture while increasing employee awareness and understanding of our business and talent objectives, policies and programs, and customer outcomes. The successful candidate will also be responsible for planning communications focused activities by liaising with the U.S. Businesses on multiple key cross business priorities. A key differentiating capability for this role will be the ability to simplify complex business concepts and drive engagement through creative story-telling that conveys business critical outcomes.
This position will report to the Vice President, Strategy and Planning and preferably be based in Newark, NJ.
- Lead by providing strategic direction and oversight for day-to-day operations, including budgeting, planning and communications staff development
- Lead and implement the Communication function’s practice in the development and delivery of a communications plan that aligns with and supports the strategic objectives of ES and its various business segments and fosters employee engagement
- Identify communications challenges and opportunities and lead ES executives in the development of appropriate strategies to address these issues
- Research, develop and implement best practice communications processes, tools, metrics and scorecard
- Actively manage relationships with members of ES senior leadership team and business group communications partners
- Establish and foster collaborative partnerships with ES Depts., Corporate functions, cross business unit partners and others, to optimize Cross-Business Internal Communications capabilities
- Manage all aspects of communications planning, including, establishment of annual process and tools and templates
- Strong ability to influence outcomes and convey stories of value and impact to our partners
- Minimum 10 years of experience as in-house senior communications leader or similar professional experience
- Proven track record as a strong strategic communications leader with the ability to "connect the dots" across the business, drive organizational change, ensure employee engagement and manage cross-functional projects
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in leading a team of communications specialists or similar
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement standards of excellence and measurement scorecards
- Experience with new and different storytelling approaches (i.e. digital, video).
- Expertise in managing multiple, complex projects simultaneously in a fast paced and changing environment
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Successful track record in leading event planning for large organizations
- Demonstrated ability to partner with senior executives and influence others with or without direct authority
- Proven track record as intelligent risk taker and creative problem solver
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in financial services industry preferred