VP, Corporate Marketing
As the VP, Corporate Marketing, you will lead a talented team of Corporate Marketing professionals to build the Splunk brand and tell the Splunk story globally. This role will successfully promote the company and its customers through traditional, digital and social media, develop and execute a strong content marketing strategy, manage executive communications and deliver epic public and analyst relations programs.
The qualified candidate will be a driven and engaged senior leader with a successful track record of building and leading communications, brand and content strategy globally. Reporting directly to the CMO, the VP of Corporate Marketing must have experience across content marketing, public and analyst relations, brand development, creative, multimedia, digital marketing, social media, customer marketing, and thought leadership campaigns.
The position is based at Splunk's headquarters in San Francisco, California and is a fantastic opportunity for the right leader to join a fast-growing, dynamic and market-leading enterprise technology company.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
The Vice President, Corporate Marketing will focus on the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Define the Marketing Communications vision and strategy
- Manage and lead an experienced global marketing communications team to deliver breakthrough PR across business and trade press
- Work closely with the Marketing leadership team to define the strategic objectives for all of marketing and build strong working relationships to deliver as a team.
- Drive an industry-leading content marketing program that drives awareness of Splunk, the related business challenges, and how Splunk can help
- Define and deploy best practice processes for supporting the broad array of creative requirements from the marketing team including the Brand Studio
- Work with internal and external experts to create and execute a customer marketing strategy that builds on the tremendous success of Splunk Customers and champions
- Operate a digital and social media marketing plan that expands the reach and recognition of Splunk and educates the market on Machine Data
- Serve as Company spokesperson as needed for certain media, analyst and public speaking engagements
- Oversee global event strategy including .conf, industry events, customer briefing center, and internal events
- Manage all corporate communications including executive communications, messaging development, PR and AR
- Create, architect and promote corporate content for all stages of the buyer journey
- Support internal teams and business units with marketing services such as creative, writing, event planning, and video
- Manage, build, and lead a strong team by coaching and developing existing members and closing talent gaps where needed through acquisition of new team members
Skills And Requirements
12-15+ years of B2B corporate marketing and communications leadership management experience including:
- Direct experience in enterprise software industry and SaaS
- Demonstrated expertise in driving brand awareness and establishing a corporate voice
- Strong communicator, oral and written, with confidence to develop and present ideas
- Balance of strategic vision and tactical execution
- High degree of creativity, flexibility, energy and enthusiasm
- Adept at managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent planning, organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated experience developing communications strategy and tactics, and making recommendations as it relates to new situations
- Proven experience with change management and organizational transformation
- BA or equivalent experience
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.