Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
As the Vice President, you will be responsible for leading the strategic direction and definition of Workday's corporate strategy for the Extended Enterprise. Working closely with Corporate Development and Product Management, you will be responsible for shaping the vision, solution definition and roadmap from conception through delivery. You will also serve as a conduit to marketing, sales, and the broader Workday ecosystem. Your Role:
Manage Corporate Strategy activities with business planning and execution responsibilities:
- Define and communicate the strategic direction to the marketplace and internal stakeholders, including senior executives for Workday's initiatives and go to market strategies.
- Identify specific solution requirements through extensive market review and formal requirements elicitation methods, including design partners and executive advisory councils.
- Craft market requirements documentation for requirements.
- Educate product management, development, and core technology design teams on strategic product requirements.
- Collaborate with product management to shape the product roadmap in accordance with the strategic direction.
- Identify, evaluate, and plan integration efforts with third party vendors to deliver a complete industry solution for customers.
- Build business cases for new investment areas.
- Present industry strategy and solutions to customers and partners.
- Support sales with sales enablement and formal presentations to prospects and customers.
- Attend and participate in industry related events to create Workday visibility and market awareness.
Results-driven product strategy professional with a proven ability to deliver commitments on time while achieving or exceeding business goals
- 10+ years of related product strategy and/or vertical strategy experience, with a proven track record of successfully marketing ERP and business applications; SaaS experience highly desirable
- Excellent verbal, written, visual/presentation skills
- Strong strategic thinking, creative problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond to change
- Willingness to take the initiative/self-starter
- Demonstrated capacity for and interest in developing deep understanding of technology
- Demonstrated ability to drive cross-functional teams to meet business objectives and influence co-workers while fostering strong working relationships
- Objectivity and openness to others' views and continuously builds a positive team spirit
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field; MBA is a plus