JOB SUMMARY The Vice President, Credit Services provides strategic leadership for the development and execution of effective receivables management. Responsibilities include management of the overall credit and collections timeline, strategic planning and goal setting related to control of delinquency, bad debt, and asset loss. The primary success measurement for the role will be to reduce subscriber churn ratios while meeting financial objectives.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESActively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSGeneral Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Develop and guide implementation of strategic and operational plans for obtaining financial goals as related to credit and collections. This will be done through aggressive but well balanced risk management and collections programs.
- In coordination with Marketing, Sales and Operational groups develop and socialize risk screening policies that will determine high risk customer connects and ensure low risk customers are not unnecessarily impeded from subscribing.
- Approve comprehensive treatment timeline for reducing delinquency, from entering collections to contingency agency.
- Establish overall department operating and financial goals based on financial and subscriber growth budgets.
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of Fair Credit and Reporting Standards Act, as well as related State regulations in order to ensure legal compliance while being as appropriately aggressive as possible in reducing delinquency/bad debt, equipment loss and non-pay disconnects.
- Ensure consistent and continuous cost / benefit analysis to ensure tactics and services deliver optimal results.
- Oversee leaders responsible for field collections / equipment retrieval, risk management compliance, and collections administration / customer support.
- Oversee contractor and out source strategy to ensure optimal, cost effective performance results.
- Assure compliance with all external regulatory agencies and organizations for all areas of responsibility.
- Utilize continuous quality improvement philosophies, techniques and tools in all aspects of the position.
- Develop supportive working relationships with other functional executives and support team leaders to ensure a seamless continuum of effort towards overall business goals.
- Align all work and resource management with mission, vision, philosophies and values, goals and strategic imperatives.
Proven track-record of managing in-house and vendor teams for credit and collections functions.
Strong analytical skills to proactively spot trends, create relevant reporting and identify issues.
Ability to communicate complex issues with fluidity, both written and oral.
Knowledge and experience related to cable/wireless industry billers and credit practices preferred.
Familiarity with FCRA and other regulatory requirements (such as TCPA) that govern practices.
Knowledge and experience in fraud management techniques desirable.Education
Bachelor's degree required. Master’s degree preferred.Desired Work Experience Number Of Years
Credit and Collections Experience 10
General Management Experience 10
Large team leadership (250+) 5
Some travel required#LI-EXEOE Race/Sex/Vet/DisabilityCharter is an equal opportunity employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is the Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfCharter is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different.