Healthier lives start with you. They start with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmacy Systems (MPS) - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
McKesson Pharmacy Systems has been streamlining healthcare for more than 30 years. Our talented team of 570 employees works on integrated pharmacy solutions that are intuitively designed and tailored for the healthcare industry. Thousands of partners across the country use our systems, including independent, chain, hospital, clinic and nursing-home pharmacies. And millions of patients benefit from getting the right care when they need it most.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson's Pharmacy Systems division has an opening in our Moon Township, PA office for a VP of Customer Experience.
The Vice President will be a member of the senior management team of McKesson Pharmacy Systems and serve in a mission-critical role. This position reports directly to the SVP/General Manager of McKesson Pharmacy Systems and is responsible for the ongoing customer satisfaction of the entire MPS customer base. This role will own the direct management of all products and services that a MPS customer employs post-live. This role will lead a cross-functional team that includes account management (Account Executives & Account Managers), McKesson Customer Care Call Center coordination, the Technology Upgrade Team, and the Level 2 Support Team. In addition, within the following 18 months, the MPS Hosting and Operations functions are intended to report to this Vice President. The Vice President will be responsible for a team of 61 FTEs initially, along with a cross-matrix structure of coordination of our Customer Care Call Center team of 87 additional employees. This position will involve high-level internal and external executive interactions across all of McKesson. The Vice President will have P&L responsibility for all products and services in all three market segments (post-live) consisting of approximately 7500 retail pharmacy locations.
• Leads and partners with senior management to establish and execute a strategy for customer satisfaction and retention (both short and long term) for all MPS products and services; including the identification of SMART goals and KPIs to track progress and monitor results.
• Provides direction and leadership to ensure the successful execution of the business operating plan, employee engagement and development, and customer satisfaction.
• Participates in significant customer interaction leading to key customer retention and new business development; anticipates and successfully addresses business at risk.
• Partners with Sales for setting the sales strategy and model for penetrating the customer with additional products and services along with key customer contract renewals.
• Provides direction for the assessment of existing and potential markets, product life-cycle planning, coordination of technical product development, development of product strategies, commercialization and definition of promotional activities.
• Provides MPS business unit senior leadership direction in the coordination of McKesson National Customer Care Call Center responsibilities.
• Owner of redefining the current Account Executive and Account Manager models to drive more customer facing value from these roles; including staffing and execution of the newly defined model.
• Responsible for the customer reference CAMPS program, in coordination with Sales and Marketing. (CAMPS = Customer Advocate for McKesson Pharmacy Systems).
• Identify, lead and/or coordinate across McKesson, when appropriate, One McKesson synergy opportunities, or, customer concern resolution.
12+ years customer service experience including 10+ years managerial experience
* 12+ years of relative experience in Sales, Software Product Management, and/or Operations
* 10+ years managerial experience.
* Experience with pharmacy technology, senior level customer account management and coordination across large corporate landscapes is essential.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• A highly intelligent professional with the ability to quickly identify, analyze and evaluate problems and opportunities and recommend the implement potential solutions.
• Outstanding communication skills: verbal, written and presentation skills. Able to communicate issues in a clear and articulate fashion while showing creativity and innovation in presenting ideas.
• Collaboration and good negotiating skills are imperative to interface with partners, clients and horizontal departments.
• Affinity for technology business acumen.
• Process and metric-oriented.
• Willing to take ownership and lead by example.
• An individual who establishes methods to monitor progress at achieving objectives and someone who is capable of redirecting when things are not going as planned.
• Bright, imaginative and creative with the ability to take a fresh look at the capabilities and opportunities of their business function.
• Open, honest, forthright, apolitical and passionate.
• An individual possessing an exceptional work ethic, uncompromising business ethics and values.
4-year degree in business or related field or equivalent experience. Post graduate degree is highly preferred.
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Job Family Title: Customer Service Manager 6