Under general direction, is the data center content expert for the Systems & Service North America (SSNA organization). Understands the industry, market trends, system application details and has in-depth customer relationships. Leads all sales activities necessary for the profitable growth of JCI business with Data Center customers. Puts strategies in place to grow market share in data centers across the SSNA organization including branch based, above branch based, and national/global based selling organizations. This will include developing programs, tools, training and on-going support to maximize the productivity and effectiveness of a data center focused sales team. Works in conjunction with the local branch strategy. Leads efforts for recognition of our sales force as a leading solutions seller in our industry. Provides a continuous improvement focus, market expertise and sales support to the North American branch business.
1. Directly responsible to exceed sales plans on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis of Johnson Controls offerings to customers in the data center business.
2. Manages a team of data center selling experts who sell directly to all players in the data center ecosystems including owners, facility directors, security directors, contractors and consulting engineers.
3. Builds and implements Account Management strategies for key, target, managed, and maintained owner, consultant and contractor accounts focused on the data center industry. Builds the "best at every customer" relationships through directly employed sales professionals leading to market share growth in equipment, control and security & fire offerings.
4. Develops and maintains an intimate knowledge of data center market landscape, dynamics, regulatory requirements, competition, sales channels, and market growth strategies.
5. Serves as the SSNA data center market subject matter expert to assist in development of thought leadership content including white papers, articles, training materials, etc.
6. Identifies emerging data center HVAC trends and work with the necessary stakeholders (e.g., product development) to validate and develop new product offerings.
7. Leads broad sales initiatives by understanding key success factors and barriers across the data center market segments and developing strategies and tactics to address them.
8. Develops a deep pool of talent and recruitment targets from the industry
9. Responsible for applying Sales Management Practices in the management of the data center sales team including forecasting, 1-on-1 process, and performance metrics expectations.
10. Actively seeks, captures, and makes available to the entire selling organization best practices and techniques that lead to profitable growth in market share for controls(measured in BMA) and equipment market share (ARI) across all direct channels.
11. Works with the VP of Sales to create and implement of strategic plan for the annual sales plans.
12. Manages sales performance productivity to established standards. Develops and reviews metrics to ensure productivity levels are achieved. Facilitates consistent sales processes and offerings. Coaches the development and coordination of the implementation of process and productivity measurements and review.
13. Provides direction and guidance to the development of the sales incentive programs. Provides feedback on the effectiveness of these programs to drive desired results.
14. Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
The preferred location is Milwaukee, WI. However, will consider candidates at any location in the US.
Bachelor's degree in engineering, marketing, or equivalent experience, MBA preferred. Ten to twelve years experience in sales, sales management, and marketing including 8 to 10 years of sales management experience and direct sales experience in the data center market. Air handling unit expertise is preferred. Demonstrated organizational credibility in achievement of sales and profit plans over an extended period of time. Has a understanding and knowledge of our industry, our company, and ability to coordinate different parts of organizations to achieve success.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.