Prudential Financial is seeking an enthusiastic Data Management leader, to help build out robust data management structures in new and existing platforms as well as to coordinate with data management organizations across the enterprise. We are looking for someone who understands the latest in data management technologies and practices to lead our growth in data management. This individual will ensure the adherence to best data management practices as Prudential evolves its data infrastructure. This role will require a unique combination of skills: strong knowledge of data throughout its lifecycle from capture to storage to analytics and disposition, deep technology knowledge to leverage automation wherever possible, the ability to work across and lead many partners (technology, regulatory, analytics, etc), a strategic and technical mindset as well as the ability to lead data management practices throughout the organization. The successful candidate will have a passion for data, technology, building out new capabilities, and creating a fun and inquisitive environment.
The right person will build a small team to oversee data management on central data platforms and work across the enterprise with other data management teams to build out best practices and automation. Responsibilities for this position include building the framework, sourcing, leading, and presenting forward-thinking, high-impact data management practices focused on strategic areas within Prudential. You will lead a team in an exciting and engaging environment, where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share new ideas, and most importantly – have fun.
This position reports to the Head of Data Analytics. Our team merges the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up with the stability of one of the world’s most established financial services companies. We operate in a fast-paced environment and need someone who takes initiative and is excited about being part of a cultural and business transformation. Responsibilities
- Build and lead the centralized data management capability including strategy & roadmap, support for data governance application platforms, data quality monitoring, and master data management capabilities.
- Partner with technology, product, analytics and other functions to achieve both the best data management solutions as well as drive an enterprise data strategy.
- Leverage technology to drive cost efficient and flexible solutions around data management for our evolving data platforms.
- Collaborate and maintain relationships with all key regulatory and compliance functions across the company. Bring together these groups for common solutions and controls across our enterprise data.
- Contribute a strong voice in enterprise data strategy discussions. Work across groups to get buy-in and help evolve toward a more cohesive plan.
- Bring together data management organizations within the business groups to build commonality of our data management and overall drive efficiency
- Train and develop a small staff of data management professionals
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline is required. A Master's degree is preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in data and analytic fields including significant experience in data management especially around cloud infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of business process, data or information management, data flows, data quality standards. Analytical ability to work with data and present results.
- Experience with implementing or owning data governance platforms, metadata management tools, data quality platforms, and master data management platforms
- Deep technology knowledge to partner closely with all technology partners on data infrastructure issues.
- Superior communication and persuasion skills; talent for storytelling, visualization and communicating key ideas
- Objective, diplomatic team player with excellent collaboration, networking, and influencing skills, as well as credibility and commitment to building trust and developing relationships.
- Experience hiring and managing teams
- Accustomed to managing multiple efforts across different areas. Experience managing projects, budgets and schedules to successful completion.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, persistence, and resilience; comfort with and ability to thrive on and drive change while navigating ambiguity.
- Financial services industry experience a plus.
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.