Fannie Mae is a shareholder-owned company with a public mission: to tear down barriers, lower costs, and increase the opportunities for homeownership and affordable rental housing for all Americans. Over our 70-plus year history, Fannie Mae has worked with housing partners to provide low-cost financing for more than 60 million American families to own or rent a home. For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, please visit www.fanniemae.com . JOB FUNCTIONS
The Vice President, SF Marketing leads a team of marketing professionals. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Strategy, Insights and Marketing, the individual leads all aspects of marketing for the Single Family (SF) business and provides vision to ensure the team is driving innovative leadership of marketing for the SF business.
This position will be based in the Washington, DC area.
The Vice President is responsible for leading the marketing organization while working closely with the Single Family (SF) line of business and other key partners across the organization to develop and execute comprehensive marketing strategies and plans. The Vice President will create strategic, customer focused marketing objectives to ensure the team is aligned with the goals of the single family business. In particular, the Vice President will:
- Build and lead a high-performing marketing organization.
- Recognize and act upon opportunities to provide leadership where marketing can help accomplish business objectives
- Oversee events strategy development and planning, including conferences, panels and speaking engagements
- Create a compelling SF value proposition and positioning that clearly differentiates us in the marketplace and ladders up to the enterprise brand strategy
- Bring the brand to life in the SF organization through a customer focused branded experience
- Develop SF social and digital strategy and ensures alignment with enterprise strategy
- Creates, manages and traffics content for SF business marketing leveraging internal and external creative resources
- Lead sales enablement to drive lead management and customer management support
- Stay current on Fannie Mae's, our customers' and the housing industry's issues, challenges opportunities, business goals and strategies
As a manager of people, the Vice president will lead an organization of 25-30 people and work closely with cross functional teams for support. The Vice President will focus on team development to build and retain top talent to create a high performing marketing organization. Qualifications: EDUCATION
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 10 years of related experience
- 10 years of managerial experience
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Business or other relevant study. Relevant post-graduate degree and/ or training preferred.
- A minimum of fifteen years experience with five years experience managing the marketing function of a large financial services corporation is required.
- An understanding of the mortgage finance industry, either on the B2B or B2C side.
- Experience working with C level business leaders to accomplish business goals.
- Demonstrated leadership with evidence of increasing management responsibility throughout career history of marketing sophisticated financial products and services.
- Experience leading marketing strategy with multi-channel campaign development
- Strong digital and social background, with experience in leading social strategy and digital channels
- Excellent consultative and partnering skills.
- Extensive experience in managing, developing, and motivating a professional organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management, staff, customers, and industry.
- Demonstrated commitment to innovation and change with the willingness to take the initiative to accomplish change.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute solutions to complex issues and transactions.
Fannie Mae's compensation and benefits package is very competitive. It is designed to help employees meet varying needs throughout their careers and to reward employee's skills, experience, and potential.
Fannie Mae is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check if the position is sensitive in nature.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.