Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Responsible for overseeing and directing advertising sales functions for
the Philadelphia region. Manages the local, national and regional sales efforts.
Develops marketing programs, advertising products and pricing packages
to be presented by advertising sales personnel and to increase sales
revenue. Accountable for a significant portion of advertising sales
revenues of the company. Drives change transformation and strategy
execution to achieve specific business results. Creates business
strategy to focus on strengths, competitive advantage and
differentiation. Incorporates broad knowledge to address complex,
unusual and critical issues. Develops long-term plans that impact the
achievement of business results. Recognizes profitability and revenue
potential in business opportunities. Demonstrates leadership
- Directs other executives accountable for achieving significant sales
targets in major regions or channels.
- Collaborates with top Advertising Sales Executives in setting prices
and developing packages and programs for commercial advertising time and
- Negotiates complex deals at top management level that affect major
aspects of advertising sales division performance; pursues and closes
difficult and strategic accounts.
- Develops and enforces strategies to maximize revenue generated within
the ad sales community. Sets, approves and adjusts major policies and
operating procedures that affect areas of the advertising sales
- Establishes and ensures the execution of short- and long-term
advertising revenue goals.
- Represents the Company in ad sales business community and manage
relationships with various constituents.
- Establishes budgets and monitors rate structure.
- Oversees advertising availability inventory and approves of all
advertising sales reports.
- Motivates, develops and coaches director and management level.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Prior experience as a Director of Sales or General Sales manager
- Generally requires 15+ years related experience of successful media sales management experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer