Successfully scale Contract Management capability as Gartner continues to grow to create a competitive advantage for the business. Collaborate to innovate and drive globally consistent process effectiveness and execution, while supporting Sales with world-class service. Transform Contract Management function to a service to the business rather than a necessity. Work in close alignment with Legal to implement legal strategy of contracts.
- Align with business and Mission Critical Priorities to determine how to make it easier to contract, with less risk and higher speed/repeatable processes.
- Lead team of Contracts Negotiators
- Lead/manage/recruit/hire/train/performance manage team of existing Contracts Negotiators: Responsible for setting objectives, creating performance appraisals and individual development plans. Manage and resolve escalations.
- Provide mentoring/coaching/training for Associate Director(s) and Director(s), as applicable
- Responsible for long term vision and strategy for team in accordance with Sr. Leadership
- Set direction of Contracts Negotiation strategy and capability, along with organizational structure best suited to maximize how to deliver value to the business.
- Assess low value/low risk contracts that can be assigned to Contracts Manager giving lawyers time to shift to high value/high risk contracts and legal escalations.
- Drive consistency across regional teams, where legally permissible.
- Assess existing Contract Lifecycle process; plan for improvements with the business and legal to automate contract creation, secure contract negotiation, electronic contract repository, automated upload of relevant data to back-end systems, and generation of proactive management reports and alerts.
- Determine how to create analytics of contracts function focused on risk model to help prioritize teams to focus on business impact (be a game-changer)
- Drive toward standard internal Contract Management SLAs, examples:
- Effective communication with internal stakeholders regarding timelines and prioritization of urgent requests
- Consistent drafting, evaluation, negotiation and execution as outlined in Playbook
- Evaluate with legal and document Rules of Engagement for empowerment matrix by legal entity.
- Serve as the point of contact for customers on contractual matters via Deal Hub.
- On non-standard requests, provide redlined recommendations and often negotiate directly with customer purchasing staff, executive sponsor or attorney until consensus has been reached. (when saying “no” provide rationale/alternative on how to resolve)
- Develop and enhance contract manager onboarding/training
- Continuously update contract management playbook in compliance with company policy as set forth by Legal. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
- Project lead to enhance program, process improvement, awareness, and efficiencies for scaling and global consistent execution. Liaise with IT and Enterprise Data and Analytics to improve data analytics. Assess opportunities for technology enhancements to assist in targeting and enforcing compliance.
- Subject matter expert on function, processes cross business unit collaboration
- Drive for scalability and globally consistent execution.
- Cross business unit lead team to success while driving and delivering exceptional performance
Bachelor’s Degree, with discipline in law/ business management or similar.
A minimum 10+ years’ experience leading global negotiation/contract manager teams for sell side/customer facing negotiations.
Excellent track record leading cross BU collaboration efforts, including strong process knowledge, analytical skills, operational knowledge, contracts/legal background.
- Leadership experience; experience leading successful teams.
- Client-facing experience.
- Ability to influence others.
- Experience analyzing data (Excel or other data analytics tools).
- Contract Management.
- Effective Public Speaking skills.
- Project Management skills.
- Gartner Core Values: Integrity, Objectivity, No-Limits Mindset, Collaboration, Results
Job ID 00013738
A little about us:
The world’s leading information technology, marketing and supply chain research and advisory company.