As Head of IT Markets Product Management, you will be responsible for the portfolio of solutions that address the IT Markets as well as defining new market opportunities and solutions
This role requires a hands-on leader who can create and evangelize a transformative vision for Splunk's IT Market area; build and develop a world-class product management team; collaborate with and drive a team of innovators and engineers to continue Splunk's tradition of building groundbreaking products; help to develop new ideas based on industry experience and contact with customers, prospects and partners.
The role requires you to have a strong product and market background, with a strategic mindset. The role will include you and your team identifying market opportunities, market problems, validating via customer research and prototyping solutions and managing the current portfolio of IT assets.
You will partner with a development team in building and innovating on a suite of offerings. You will work with early adopters to validate offerings (market validation) while building out go to market strategies.
You will possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, strategic thinking and tactical execution.
The position is based in our San Francisco, California office.
- Own our IT Markets Product Portfolio
- Understand similar offerings in the market, and formulate a strategy around how to address common business challenges with creative and disruptive solutions
- Build business cases, and define the product vision and strategy
- Lead a team to prototype new solutions & concepts
- Advocate for early adopters who are using our solutions in innovative ways
- Working directly with the cross-functional teams to influence the development of new products
- Deliver articulate, effective and thought provoking presentations at customer industry events and our customer briefing center.
- Support sales with strategic accounts, delivering solutions briefs & product demos
- Support strategic partnerships
- Providing feedback to marketing & product management on product capabilities and positioning
- Work with sales and marketing to drive market adoption.
- Consistent track record as a product leader and responsible for a product portfolio
- Proven experience leading and developing a product team
- In depth knowledge of the IT industry, with deep knowledge in application architectures.
- Minimum 10 years senior management experience in IT management industry; previous role as CTO or Head of product highly desired
- 5-10 years of experience in application development application operations working directly with application management & monitoring products
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative hi-growth environment
- Ability to craft a compelling message and tailor it for a given audience. Ability to mix deep technical expertise with simple everyday language to deliver a story that is memorable and useful.
- A strong speaker that can liaise well externally via presentations, webcasts, exhibits and conferences. Excellent communication and presentation abilities.
- Conversational knowledge of big data and or cloud platforms such as Hadoop, or other data analytics solutions
- Experience conducting market research and identifying emerging industry trends
- Comfort with both technical and business discussions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Requires travel - > 35%
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Master of Business Administration or Computer Science (highly desired)
- Equivalent years of experience acceptable
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Splunk. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.