VP, International Tax
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posted: November 29, 2016
Reference ID: 1906860014
Immediate Job Opening
Director - International Tax - Public (Regional)
Adecco has an available Leader of International Tax job opportunity with a client in theMidwest. This position is with a regional accounting firm looking for a candidate to help develop and grow their International Tax Department.
This exciting Leadership opportunity will be responsible and help to oversee business development, growing the practice, meeting with prospective clients and speaking about the client's services in public forums. The successful candidate will need to be able to manage client relationships at an executive level
In addition, you will be looked to for strategy and vision with regard to growth which includes but is not limited to the services that my client needs to develop and the team they'll need to attract.
A successful candidate must also be extremely familiar with the competitive landscape within the industry and what other firms are doing in order to stay competitive
Qualified candidates will have a strong background in these areas:
International tax planning & compliance
Cross-border mergers & acquisitions
U.S.taxation of foreign persons
Expatriate tax services
Foreign tax credit planning
IC-DISC for export benefits
CPA strongly preferred
Public Accounting experience
8 years of Accounting experience
Supervisory/Management experience (8 - 10+ reports)
Strong presentation skills
Strong negotiation skills
Experience with client and new business development
Compensation will depend on experience; willing to cover relocation costs
If you feel you are qualified for this position and would like to be considered, please send your resume along with compensation requirements to email@example.com
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience
• 8+ years working in international tax
• 5+ years supervisory or management experience
• Certified Public Accountant
• Master's Degree in Tax
• Big 4 is a plus/public accounting experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Basic Word, advanced Excel and SQL/Query skills
• Expert skills in managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, including the ability to delegate key areas of responsibility.
• Expert persuasion skills when working with internal and external partners to resolve issues/problems.
• Expert oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey tax terminology that is meaningful and well received by internal and external contacts.
• Advanced ability to communicate complex tax issues to senior management in a concise manner with the ability to establish credibility and decisiveness.
• Advanced ability to investigate, analyze and solve complex problems/issues
• Highly advanced people management skills, demonstrating an ability to lead, mentor and develop associates. Ability to manage associates who are difficult or resistant to leadership.
• Highly advanced skills in translating business needs and problems into viable and accepted solutions.
• Highly advanced ability to analyze and improve business processes
• Highly advanced ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
• Expert knowledge of tax accounting practices and procedures including GAAP and Statutory accounting methodologies, disclosure and reporting.
• Advanced ability to work well within a team and foster teamwork environment.