VP NA Deal Strategy
Posted: April 27, 2017
Reference ID: 114361596
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Vice President, NA Deal Strategy plays a critical role within NA, partnering with the Client Segment Leads, Finance, and the Group Executive of NA to deal strategy and execution for critical client deals. This role will report directly to the SVP, Head of NA Operations and will support client-facing teams across NA.
The successful candidate will be recognized as a senior leader by peers and executive management, will think strategically and holistically about the business, and help lead efforts to structure and execute key client deals. Candidate must be adept at creatively solving challenging business issues that often arise in deals, and excel at quickly grasping and clearly communicating complex deals to maximize business outcomes.
• Support running the NA deal strategy and execution for key client deals, ensuring optimal and efficient deal process across the team and driving alignment across the organization.
• Manage daily business interactions with range of NA functional leaders (e.g., NA Management Team, AEs, Finance, Legal, Product, Innovation, Risk, etc.) to ensure alignment, quick decision-making, and issue escalation relating to partner deals. Act as connective tissue across key NA functions to ensure optimal deal strategy and execution
• Develop long term strategic deal pipeline for client deals across NA, with primary focus being on issuer deals
• Continuously work to ensure Visa business priorities and NA strategy are aligned in deal structures and client negotiations
• Play integral role, in partnership with Finance on deal analysis, financial modelling and scenarios to ensure deal parameters and variables are considered and vetted rigorously
• Partner with Client Segment Leads and Finance to optimize our deal process, track key deal metrics, KPIs, etc.
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA is a plus
• 15 years of experience in finance/investment banking, working knowledge of payments industry and demonstrated deal making rigor
• Proven knowledge and robust understanding of banking and credit payments industry and processes
• Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing a complex, competitive sales effort and managing deals from negotiation, to closing and through delivery
• Excellent problem solving skills, adept at multi-taking and adapting to evolving priorities
• Proven leader, with experience leading and executing complex deal structuring and negotiations
• Flexible, intellectually curious, creative thinker with the ability to define business tradeoffs, generate out-of-the-box solutions to drive best deal outcomes
• Ability to lead and influence decisions of others, including senior management and cross functional Visa team when structuring, execution and closing deals
• Strong management skills with experience building a high performing team, including recruiting and retaining talent, and developing team members
• Strong interpersonal skills with presence and the ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior and executive management, clients, peers, and team members
• Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills
• Strong finance, modelling and analytical skills
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.