For more than 100 years the LewisGale name has been synonymous with high-quality, compassionate healthcare. Today, our unwavering commitment to our patients ranks us as one of the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for quality of care including patient safety, patient satisfaction and health outcomes. Our growing integrated network of care includes four hospitals, six outpatient centers, two cancer centers and 700 physicians at more than 160 affiliated locations stretching from Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys.
Our parent company, Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) , is headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, and is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, with hundreds of hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England. LewisGale is part of HCA's Capital Division . Behavioral Health Services:
General Summary of Duties:
- You will be over all of the Behavioral Health Services: In-Patient (Adolescent, Adult, and Adult ICU ) and Out-Patient
- Bed Count: Adult ICU 20 Beds, Adolescent 16 beds, and Adult 22 beds.
- Currently the average daily census is around 48, but we are looking for a leader ready for the challenge of growing the service line.
The VP of Behavioral Health Services is responsible for the planning and strategic operations of behavioral health inpatient and outpatient services at LewisGale Medical Center. This includes planning, problem solving and communication with HCA Behavioral Health Services at LewisGale Medical Center, and medical staff, administrators, department heads, and nursing staff in order to effectively achieve overall performance goals across these key services. Specific Job Functions include:
Qualifications: Position Requirements: Licensure/Certification/Registration:
- Provides leadership, management and administration of all aspects of Behavioral Health Services at LewisGale Medical Center in order to ensure accomplishment of organizational mission and objectives.
- Demonstrates service line accountability through monitoring of operating and financial indicators and assesses capital needs
- Works collaboratively with key stakeholders to establish new programs including but not limited to: inpatient and outpatient adult and adolescent behavioral health services, eating disorders, geriatrics, electro-convulsive therapy (ECT)
- Promotes LewisGale Medical Center's culture of excellence and quality service through teamwork, respectful communication, maintenance of a professional environment, partnership with those we serve, and anticipation of patient/customer needs.
Routinely audits the service line's competitive position relative to the market areas served by development of an annual report and provides quarterly reports to key executives
- Collects, correlates, analyzes and interprets operational, financial, and statistical data; informs and advises appropriate members of the Medical Center & HCA Behavioral Health Service Line Senior Management of potential business opportunities
- Works in conjunction with LewisGale Medical Center Senior Management, HCA Behavioral Health Service Line Senior Management and Division Decision Support on the timely development of comprehensive business case analyses, narratives and implementation plans.
- Develops and executes a hospital based outreach strategy to improve relationships with area community partners in the primary and secondary service area
- Interfaces with psychiatrist/physician partners on assuring proper coverage plans are in place that conform to hospital bylaws and meets the clinical needs of all LewisGale Medical Center inpatient and outpatient psychiatric programs.
- Current licensure as appropriate
- CPI non-violent crisis intervention certification required as part of orientation
- Master's Degree in a health care related field, required.
- Minimum of six (6) years experience in an inpatient behavioral health setting is required, with a minimum of three (3) years experience in advanced clinical/management t practice is required. A minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience is required. Experience in an outpatient
- behavioral health setting preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom