VP POS Operations and Certification
Posted: April 29, 2017
Reference ID: 114459663
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
CyberSource, a Visa company, is a global leader in e-Commerce Payment Management capabilities. In an increasingly competitive environment, we are looking for talented, articulate and bright individuals who want to make a difference.
The VP POS Operations and Certification will lead the POS Product and Support / Operations team by providing leadership to ensure superior operational delivery for product initiatives. This position is responsible for operational discipline, processes and methodology, and program management for client engagements and strategic initiatives executed by the Merchant Digital Product organization, including the professional services and product management teams. Additionally this position will be responsible for overseeing and improving upon Visa's POS certification policies and standards
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with leadership and management qualities that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. He or she must be a fast learner who can quickly absorb the nuances of complex, varied payment offerings, with a proven record of providing high quality, efficient delivery that exceeds client expectations.
This position will interact regularly with senior leadership from cross-functional teams including Product Management, Technology, Risk, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Legal, Government Relations, Sourcing, and Visa teams in a global environment. Position will be located in Foster City.
- The VP POS Operations and Certification will effectively manage a product operations team, providing oversight to deliver on strategic engagements and program deliverables, ensuring the product team delivers against its commitments with the highest quality in a timely fashion
- Ensure POS Operations and Certification team is channeling the voice of the customer into market facing capabilities, ensuring clear communications between Product and Program managers and internal stakeholders. Analyze program results to ensure customer requirements are satisfied
- Responsible for superior client and customer service experience; Establish the discipline to expertly support Sales, Global Solutions, and Product in the business development process
- Oversee and ensure all status materials and roadmap documents and compiled, aggregated, and completed in a timely fashion, and maintained on a regular basis in order to be kept current
- Perform risk analysis, develop contingency plans, and gather data from functions to proactively raise prioritization and scheduling tradeoff decisions, and monitor costs/spend rates with our technology department and third party partners
- Strategic thinker and thought leader in terms of shaping a new secure commerce enablement network messages to support enriched data from the point of sale / point of interaction.
- Work with the Product Team to establish key performance metrics, and measurements are implemented to predicable delivery of product and ensure continuous improvement is established with technology
- Responsible for re-engineering the Visa Corporate standards for POS certification in the marketplace, socializing the new approach with stakeholders and evangelizing the streamlined approach across the ecosystem.
- Assist in the documentation of product development methodology, policies, and governance frameworks
- Oversee development of staff onboarding, and cross product education and training
- Participate in other product related activities, as requested
- 15 years product and/or program management experience, with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple complex projects concurrently in a cross functional environment
- 10 years product design, development, or operations experience, preferably in the payments industry
- Experience managing direct reports with responsibilities including hiring, coaching, performance and development goal setting, annual reviews
- Ability to measure and analyze project and operational performance to use in driving improved delivery performance
- Outstanding communications ability to a diverse customer audience, including C-level executives, product, and technical stakeholders, Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interface well with internal and external clients
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to lead projects end-to-end to meet client and corporate commitments
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment; self-motivated, self-managed
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills
- Adept strategic thinker and problem solver
- Excellent MS Office experience (Project, Power Point, Excel)
- Strong organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Deep knowledge of the software development lifecycle from requirements gathering to post-implementation customer support and customer adoption
- Experience managing projects in a professional services environment is preferable
- Experience working in agile development environment is preferred
- Master's degree is preferred
- Experienced public speaker and member of critical industry
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.