VP, Public Affairs and Communications- Canada BU
Lead the public affairs & communications strategy and agenda for the Canadian BU operations. Manage a core team that oversees the public affairs and communications accountabilities for the business, bottling partners and market unit(s), focused against government relations/issues management, stakeholder/community engagement, media relations/external communications, brand PR marketing and employee/internal communications, reporting to the senior vice president of public affairs & communications. This position has accountability for the PAC team that brings all of the core accountabilities for each public affairs Center of Expertise to life in the region it serves, working with bottling partner to align on strategic goals and objectives. Further, the manager is responsible for integrating Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability into our business. Strategic oversight is provided to develop key public affairs and communications initiatives including:
Government Relations/Issues Management and Franchise leadership
- Building brand equities and driving growth through competitive advantage Brand PR
- Telling the Coca-Cola North America Growth Story through best-in-class business communications
- Engaging associates to deliver our mission and be great Coca-Cola Ambassadors every day
- Through category growth and transparency initiatives, materially improve trust in CCNA
- Building category acceptance and preference
- Improving overall PAC Canada performance and employee engagement experience, including the creation of a new field PA/C organization to support our 21 st Century System of the Future
- Managing public policy issues at the national, state and local levels to reduce discriminatory tax threats and regulatory obstacles to growth.
- Write, edit and / or deliver speeches, correspondence and presentation to community leaders, schools, other employees, bottling partners and elected officials. Implement the speakers' bureau program within respective Company groups and divisions.
- Oversee facility / plant tours for local, state, and federal public officials and community leaders to explain the Company's contribution to the local economy, community platform, and to build strong relationships within the communities where regional businesses operate.
- Effectively manage our reputation and relationships by proactively addressing our key public policy, legal, regulatory and other stakeholder issues at the local, state and federal levels for the purpose of both protecting Company profitability and promoting its volume growth, hiring outside consultants to assist, as necessary. Work with the Coca-Cola system and lead industry associations with a specific focus on health and well-being, environment and tax issues.
- Lead employee grassroots advocacy/ambassador efforts in each marketplace within the designated Coca-Cola system territory; manage strategic stakeholder mapping and coalition-building to successfully mitigate legislation harmful to agenda, financial interests and public image of the Company and products.
- Integrate CRS into our business strategy to capture operational efficiencies, drive effectiveness and meet our targets and goals. Enhance our credibility through stakeholder, customer, and community engagement. Active promotion of the interests of Company regional businesses in industry associations, trade organizations, NGOs, and community groups, advising facility managers of when and where it would be worthwhile for them to become involved themselves.
- Stakeholder/community engagement programs linked to local businesses' marketing and sales relationships and what is important to the local community's success; focus on Company strategic focus areas for sustainable communities, optimize community relation(s) contributions to reflect key focus areas, utilize as a customer management tool/most valued supplier, and strengthen relationships with local public officials, community leaders, with the education / youth market channel and the retail trade.
- Assist local management teams in the execution of public relations programs. Focus on category growth management.
- Leverage high impact, local stories and opportunities including, development of in-plant environmental / recycling programs and encourage participation in local community-based recycling/litter programs.
Media Relations/External Communications, and Employee/Internal Communications
- Development and successful integration of transparency/stakeholder work and one brand strategy to materially improve trust in the Company and brands.
- Support human resources, marketing / sales and legal in the development of communication strategies and messages to maintain a positive working relationship with any internal or external group or audiences (i.e. unions, media, customers, suppliers, employees, etc.). Develop and execute communications plans to support human resources and legal in employee/labor relations issues management initiatives and crisis communications/IMCR. (EIC)
- Serve as a primary spokesperson for Company in responding to retail trade press and local media regarding facility Oversee media strategy for team of spokespeople, including mitigation strategy, promotion of value story, campaigns, and brand PR marketing. Conduct regular media/ message development training for facility managers.
- Strengthen our communications and collaboration platform to enable the Coca-Cola system to operate in issue management as an aligned system. Build employee alignment and drive executive and change management communications with SOF communication team and employee engagement. Assist in the development and dissemination of the IMCR policies and procedures to key management. Lead crisis communications efforts to support IMCR process.
- Lead Political Action Committee (PAC) drives.
Bachelor(s) Degree in political science, communications, public relations, business, or related field.
Preferred: Advanced Degree EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Ten (10)+ years experience in government relations and/or communications.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong skills in organization, analysis, and attention to detail
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and handle a variety of complex items at one time.
- Strong understanding of policy process (federal, state and local level)
Coca-Cola Limited is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have a number of programs and policies in place to support this goal. For individuals with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request. Should you require an accommodation, please contact our KO HR team by calling 1-877-677-6774.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At Coca-Cola Ltd. (Canada) you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
Relocation will be provided
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.