Vice President, Research & Development Operations - Strategy Management, Planning and Analytics
: US - Spring House, PA ; Titusville or
Research & Development, LLC
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson &
Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We
focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and
complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science,
wherever it might be found.
We discover and
develop innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs
in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and
cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire
us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Bring your
talents to our mission, learn more at http://www.janssenrnd.com/
As VP R&D Operations (RDO)- Strategy Management, Planning and
Analytics you will lead a high
performing global team of ~50 in
enabling excellence within R&D Operations. A core member of the RDO Senior Leadership
Team & Operations Management Committee (OMC), and key partner to the Chief
Operating Officer with overall strategic responsibility for global R&D
Operations, an organization of ~6,000 with an operating budget of $1B.
You will lead the
team in translating operational data into business insights; maximizing
synergies across functions and coordinating the development of an overarching
RDO strategy enabled by a continuous improvement framework.
- Develop and implement cross-functional RDO strategy
encompassing Global Clinical Development Operations, Quantitative Sciences,
Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing Sciences, RDO Innovation and
Strategy Management Planning & Analytics.
- Lead business transformation efforts, establishing
a process improvement framework to drive operational efficiency.
- Drive collaboration with finance and project
management partners to optimize RDO delivery and execution of development
- Lead the SMP&A, Clinical, and PDMS
Functional Planning teams in development and maintenance of detailed functional
plans, resource and financial forecasts, business analytics, and RDO governance
support. Providing integrated support for end to end financial & planning
processes, & systems
- Oversee Clinical Forecasting & Analytics
team in development of financial out of pocket forecasting, and end to end
budget management at the clinical trial, program and functional level.
- Promote the development of institutional
knowledge and best practices for budget development, management and reporting
in collaboration with the R&D Operations and Therapeutic Area functions.
- Lead Data and Analytics team in delivering business
intelligence capabilities to drive decision-making, productivity and future
- Supply governance support, cross-functional
metrics, analytics, reporting, and operational benchmarking
- Optimize interface and guide change management in
support of business transformation projects
- Foster collaboration between R&D Operations
and key internal (Therapeutic Area, Med Affairs), enterprise level (cross-sector),
and external partners (TransCelerate, other strategic partnerships)
- Demonstrated success at developing highly
collaborative and effective relationships in a complex, highly matrixed
- 15 or more years of progressive leadership
experience within clinical operations project planning, resourcing and
- Experience in assessing technology, external
environment & R&D process requirements to successfully drive
operational productivity, strategy optimization, process improvements and
- Ability to translate data into valuable insights
and strategies into executable action plans
- Program, project and financial management
- Senior level functional management of global
- Change management/leadership experience on
complex transformation efforts
- Strong pharmaceutical development experience in
- University/Bachelors or equivalent degree
preferably in a related discipline. Advanced degree (MBA, Masters of Science,
PhD or equivalent) is ideal.
Insight Driven |Trailblazer | Influencer | Change Agent
- Trusted, inclusive, established leadership of
cross functional, global, matrix teams.
- A drive for delivering and exceeding business
- Ability to develop and lead the execution of
strategy and business transformation efforts
- Organization, talent and capability development
- Collaborate and develop strong partnerships with
key partners and customers.
- Influence through rapidly changing
organizational and business challenges.
- Foster a culture of accountability and
- Forward thinking, Articulate and Solutions
- Strong customer focus and belief in Credo values
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function