VP, Underwriter & Portfolio Manager – Technology, Media & Telecom Cash Flow
Capital One is a Top 10 U.S. Bank that services a $65 billion loan portfolio and more than 6,100 clients. Capital One’s Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT) business provides financing for corporate growth, mergers and acquisitions, balance sheet refinancings and recapitalizations to companies across the TMT sectors, including: application and infrastructure software, financial technology, cable, radio and television broadcasting, business information services and data analytics, educational media and services, entertainment media and communications infrastructure. The TMT business also provides a full range of other services including loan syndication, treasury management, capital market products, and institutional asset management.
The Vice President will manage Telecom, Media and Technology (TMT) underwriting and/or portfolio management professionals and lead cross functional deal teams from a credit perspective. This professional will support Originators by screening deals, structuring loans, underwriting and closing new structured transactions and oversee the portfolio management of existing borrower relationships. This individual will serve as a subject matter expert in credit skills sets, credit products or industries; and coach and develop junior underwriting professionals.
• Leads the underwriting and approval of new credit requests and credit line renewals for existing customers.
• Negotiates terms and conditions for transactions and works with cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate documentation.
• Leads or directly involved in underwriting and documenting large structured loan transactions.
• Prepares risk assessments and presents senior management with a clear and consistent approach to mitigate credit, political, legal, regulatory and other relevant risks.
• Manages, monitors and reports on portfolio of accounts.
• Manages accounts to ensure customer retention and performance to specifications.
• Performs rigorous analysis of transactions and resolves problem accounts in partnership with other teams and specialists.
• May oversee portfolio management responsibilities of junior team members.
• Coaches and develops junior team members.
• Ensures compliance in credit policies and procedures
• Underwriting a broad spectrum of secured deals; specifically, cash flow lending experience.
• TMT Finance experience
• Financial statement analysis, financial modeling and valuation.
• Preparing financial information, interpreting financial performance and assessing risk exposure.
• Preparing and delivering presentations to management and peers.
• Negotiating legal documentation.
• Working effectively in cross functional team environment and leading cross-functional teams.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 7 years of finance experience or 7 years of accounting experience
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration
• At least 7 years of underwriting experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.