Bethesda Metro Center (17049), United States of America, Bethesda, Maryland
VP, Underwriter – Healthcare Financial Services (Asset Backed Lending)
Capital One Healthcare is a leading provider of financial services to the industry with over $11 billion in total outstanding balances. Customers across healthcare sectors—including senior housing, healthcare services, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, healthcare IT and medical offices—rely on Capital One Healthcare to finance acquisitions, refinance existing debt, support working capital needs and fund growth initiatives. With in-depth expertise, our team of professionals creates solutions tailored to meet the needs of our customers.
Capital One Healthcare is a part of Capital One Commercial Banking, which leverages a relationship-based banking model that seamlessly delivers an array of products and services including loans and deposit accounts, treasury management services, merchant services, investment banking, international services and correspondent banking.
As a Vice President, you provide credit management leadership to cross-functional deal teams in underwriting Healthcare ABL transactions. This includes deal due diligence, compliance, negotiation, approval and documentation. You coach and develop junior underwriting professionals. You manage, monitor and report on portfolio accounts.
- Leads the underwriting and approval of new credit requests and credit line renewals for existing customers.
- Negotiates terms and conditions for transactions and works with cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate documentation.
- Leads or directly involved in underwriting and documenting large structured loan transactions.
- Prepares risk assessments and presents senior management with a clear and consistent approach to mitigate credit, political, legal, regulatory and other relevant risks.
- Manages, monitors and reports on portfolio of accounts.
- Manages accounts to ensure customer retention and performance to specifications.
- Performs rigorous analysis of transactions and resolves problem accounts in partnership with other teams and specialists.
- May oversee portfolio management responsibilities of junior team members.
- Coaches and develops junior team members.
- Ensures compliance in credit policies and procedures
- Underwriting a broad spectrum of secured deals; specifically, ABL lending experience.
- Financial statement analysis, financial modeling and valuation.
- Preparing financial information, interpreting financial performance and assessing risk exposure.
- Preparing and delivering presentations to management and peers.
- Negotiating legal documentation.
- Working effectively in cross functional team environment and leading cross-functional teams.
- Healthcare finance
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 7 years of asset backed lending experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.