VP, Visa Platform Strategy
Posted: April 29, 2017
Reference ID: 114584372
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
VP, Platform Strategy
Visa has built the world's premier payments networks with advanced processing and value added services. "Visanet" is capable of handling more than 65,000 transactions per second, with convenience, reliability, and security, including fraud protection for consumers and guaranteed payment for merchants.
In response to the accelerating pace of change in the payments industry, Visa is extending its network, opening access to payment capabilities, and encouraging participation by new stakeholders in the payments ecosystem. To do that, we are unbundling our products, rationalizing them into consumable services (APIs and SDKs), and opening them up to a broader set of stakeholders. The Visa Platform will enable our clients and ISV's to implement, extend and customize their commerce experiences using our productized API's in part (a-la-cart) or in full (end-to-end). Delivering the platform in this manner will broadly expand the Visa value proposition. It will enable Visa clients to achieve their commerce business visions by delivering 1) best imaginable experiences, 2) the ability to scale to market demand, and increased 3) business velocity through market-differentiated functionality.
The VP, Visa Platform Strategy role is a rare career opportunity to be a VP leader to drive the delivery the Visa Platform and Visa's APIs as the world's largest payments network opens itself to collaboration and innovation for the first time in its history. The VP will partner with both the business and technical service teams to identify best in class platform design patterns and code assets for generalization and reuse. In addition, will also identify industry-wide best in class API aggregations to harden the platform interfaces, and transfer the knowledge of these constructs through a fast-start collaborative engagement by using a Kaizen-like approach to identify and fix constraining points in the services
This role reports to the SVP of Platform Strategy and Innovation, and will be the accountable executive for developing and executing a multi-year Visa Platform roadmap across every geography and business where Visa operates.
Visa platform will enable financial institutions, merchants, strategic partners, and independent software vendors to more easily use our network, value-added services, and data assets. Through a best-in-class online experience and supporting expert services and tools, developers will be able to readily discover, access, integrate, and test what they need from Visa to create new and innovative solutions for their customers.
For more information, please visit:
The successful candidate will have a track record of successfully delivering technology products to market at global scale working across functions and regions. The executive needs to be a strategic general manager with technical product management depth. The role requires an approach to product development/design that begins with the customer and delivers customer experiences that are simple, powerful, and exceptional. In addition to a structured approach, he/she must have great management skills and the ability to communicate highly complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences. This leader will bring the passion, drive and intellectual curiosity to build the developer platform into one of the most significant channels and growth areas for the company.
We are looking for platform visionary and evangelist with an insatiable drive to make things better. This customer-centric leader who can effectively with the business to drive their core platform to new heights. He/she must collaborate with a talented group of business and content stakeholders to design a truly agile roadmap for success.
• Platform: Drive this initiative to increase internal customer value from the Visa Platform by improving the self-service technologies available to platform customers. Become the focal point for all aspects of cross services platform program management own the Visa Platform Program.
• Business Operations: Coordinate operations reporting and management, and business planning, across the Visa Platform Services teams. This includes working with platform services teams to define goals, metrics, and reports, to review the operational health and performance of their platform services areas. Further includes driving the annual planning process for the Platform Services team, including driving business planning initiatives under taken by the group.
• Externalization of the API: Develop and own the API documentation, SDKs, reference apps, and any other supporting Portal content to ensure an optimized a developer experience of the portal.
• Team Building: Build and develop a world-class organization required to realize the vision of delivering the platform for the payments ecosystem.
• Deliver against the Platform strategy through a deep understanding of the market opportunity, to delivering API solution sets that make the Visa Platform the industry standard for payments and related value-added services capabilities.
• Implement the bold vision and deliver strong internal and external leadership for Visa's Platform
Serve as the accountable executive for the Visa Developer annual marketing spend and demand generation/acceleration programs leveraging the functional resources of Visa Global Marketing, driving global awareness and adoption of Visa Platform through Visa's Account Executive teams, and including major conferences such as Money 20/20 and Mobile World Congress.
• Establish architectural integrity, system design consistency, and interface standardization for the Visa Platform
• Define the delta between the business service being delivered and the standardize platform API definition, create a clear, compelling, and innovative acceleration roadmap and execution plan to realize the long term vision of the platform. Collaborate closely with the business units to determine the business models and prioritization of API availability and enhancements
• Manage the delivery of the comprehensive API product roadmap over multiple cycles.
• Prioritize new enhancements and lead the development of Epics and Stories for ongoing product development and determine the breadth of API solution sets.
• Execute the executive governance for Visa Platform and delivers systematic management reporting on APIs usage and performance.
• Engage directly with Visa engineers/technology team to ensure the Platform offers the right capabilities in the right formats and bundles
• Develop and deliver the API product roadmap over multiple cycles
• Prioritize new enhancements and lead the development of Epics and Stories for ongoing product development
• Determine breadth of API solution sets, designing for ease of use
• Determine and own the KPIs for each API in support of the business unit and business impact
• Deliver against Platform KPIs for improved Value Velocity, Operational Stability, Scale and Performance SLAs
• Build and deliver productivity plans by reviewing work forecasts, determining productivity requirements, and partnering with other IT
• Bachelor's Degree in quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics)
• 15 + years' experience building, launching, and managing technology products, particularly those in platform business models and/or are built using APIs
• 10 + years team management experience with a proven track record of hiring and leading high-performing teams of engineers, designers, and product managers to build out a product vision
• An experienced platform/API executive than brings and outside-in perspective.
• Deep passion and fluency in contemporary digital product methodologies (e.g., Agile, lean, rapid prototyping, A/B testing) as well as emerging technologies
• Experience of platform strategy, previously responsible for architecture, evangelism and delivery of commerce style platforms, cloud services, and an experience senior commerce technology leader, that had proven responsibility for all aspects of product mgmt., software engineering, architecture and dev evangelism. Successful track record of designing, delivering, and managing products within leading digital companies.
• High level of intellectual curiosity and is comfortable creating structure from ambiguity and competing priorities
BONUS POINTS FOR:
• MBA or advanced degree in quantitative field
• Experience running product management for a major developer portal
• 5+ years' experience with business analysis and strategy
• Entrepreneurial, startup, or high-growth corporate experience
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.