Locations: Sales - CA - San Francisco, United States of America, San Francisco, California
VP-Western US Commercial Real Estate, Cash Management Executive
This position is the third level for a Cash Management Executive focused on developing full service relationships with Commercial Real Estate clients. He or she partners with relationship managers to be the single point of accountability and expert advisor on clients’ deposit, treasury management and other company and personal liquidity needs. The CME builds a book of business through deposit growth, cross-sell, prospecting for new-to-bank clients, and referrals for credit, capital market and wealth and asset management needs. This position works independently with a minimum of supervision from the team leader.
Under the guidance of a Sales Manager, develop client relationships to gather deposits and sell treasury management services within a defined client segment.
- Meets with Commercial Real Estate Relationship Managers to review their accounts and identify prospects for cash management services.
- Schedules and completes calls on existing clients and prospects in order to develop new deposit, treasury management, and other referral business.
- Regularly meets with clients to review and expand business through client growth, x-sell of additional services, and relationship consolidation.
- Develop new business opportunities through referrals from existing clients, natural markets and business partners, or interaction with other external resources including COIs
- Makes regular calls on prospects, either independently or with a relationship manager, to generate high quality new Treasury Management and deposit business to achieve or exceed specific production goals.
- Maintains data systems regarding opportunities for differentiation at the client, sales calls, pipelines, closed sales, etc. to enable the generation of monthly activity reports
- Identifies and qualifies credit, wealth management, and capital market referrals to partner organizations
- Drives increased product usage of established treasury services
- Ensures appropriate pricing and revenue yield on new and established relationships
Become a trusted advisor to our clients and prospects
- Leverages bank experts to establish capital one as a thoughtful and trusted advisor on deposit, investment and treasury management topics
- Develops a deep understanding of client structure, cash flow, banking relationships, processes, costs, and pain points to develop compelling proposals
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, best practices, competitors’ products and pricing in the market served.
- Keeps current on new product and product enhancement information/ training from Treasury Management's product staff.
Ensure industry-leading client experience in partnership with service organizations
- Serves as a point of escalation for operational problems reported by clients and drives resolution in a timely manner (within 24 hours).
- Proactively addresses attrition risks by addressing concerns with clients and escalating internally as necessary
- Works with Client Onboarding Manager to prepare agreements in order to establish new client services. Performs timely follow-up to ensure client satisfaction.
Helps build Capital One’s presence and capabilities
- Works with Marketing, reviews market research data to build prospect lists within industry types or geographic locations.
- Assists in the design of treasury management services by providing data from the market on strengths and weaknesses of existing services and new product needs not currently met.
- Attends and participates as speaker at conferences/trade shows to build Capital One’s brand.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Maintains advanced writing skills required to create proposals, presentations, and RFP/RFI responses
- Exhibits superior verbal communication skills required to be an effective public speaker
- Demonstrates an advanced level of knowledge in both core and specialty industry products and services
- Shows superior judgment in assessing risk factors associated with sales opportunities and knows how to handle the associated risks
- Displays the ability to solve more sophisticated problems related to Sales and requires minimal guidance
- Possesses the ability to develop a sales plan and strategy without guidance
- Bank operations experience beneficial.
- Certified treasury professional beneficial.
- up to 50% travel
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 8 years of financial services or at least 8 years of commercial real estate experience with at least 5 in sales.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.