VR Engineer- Austin, Tx
The responsibilities of this position include engineering and technical management of Dell client Virtual Reality (VR) solutions. This role resides in the graphics engineering team which is part of the Dell Client Engineering organization. This department is responsible for the engineering development and sustaining of all integrated and add-in graphics solutions related technologies.
* Partners with Dell internal platform and graphics development engineering teams to manage VR solutions that are driven by a multitude of graphics engines.
* Leads/guides VR technology provider relationships with a Dell engineering view, and work/guides ODM partners on debug and resolution of hardware, software, and firmware issues with VR solutions.
* Ownership of VR certification across mobile and tower platforms including both vendor certification, 3rd party certification, and self-certification if needed
* Works with multiple internal teams including product quality, platform engineering, product marketing, program management, regulatory engineering, and other teams to triage, debug, and resolve issues.
* Support the commodity-level internal core teams with product issue management and resolution and engineering guidance on issue triage and program schedule.
* Manage resources at external suppliers including Oculus, HTC, and platform ODM partners to facilitate debug and resolution of issues and ensure timely certification across multiple platforms and lines of business.
* Provide subject matter expertise to cross-functional teams on VR HMDs, graphics controllers, related drivers & firmware, and OS application interaction with graphics & VR devices.
* Proactive attitude to issue resolution and engagement with peer and global teams to quickly resolve issues.
* Aggressive management of suppliers and technology partners to drive for quick resolution to customer issues.
* Understanding of and familiarity with the ODM development model.
* Self-starter mentality, able to quickly recognize and triage issues.
* Maniacal focus on end customer experience and customer satisfaction.
* Engineering/Computer Science degree, preference for depth of knowledge in electrical or computer engineering.
* Preference for experience or knowledge in areas of VR, HMDs, and graphics controllers/solutions
/ Company Description /
/ With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success. /
/ Why work with us? /
· Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
· When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
· Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
· We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
· Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages
"LIAM1" "DCAM1" "MOAM1" "CBAM1"
**Job:** **Engineering - Electrical Engineering*
**Organization:** **Client Solutions*
**Title:** *VR Engineer - CS17*
**Requisition ID:** *16000ZXG*