The Visual Processing and Computing Group of Intel Corporation is looking to fill the position of Virtual Reality Software Engineer in the Graphics Solutions team. In this position, the candidate will drive the definition and execution of advanced technologies for Virtual Reality based on Intel Gen graphics platforms. The candidate will work closely with internal and external collaborators to develop and implement compelling new usages, algorithms, and prototypes on Intel-based computing platforms.
Responsible for developing multiple aspects of graphics software, display driver development and simulation environment development. Works with various partners to enhance and improve graphics performance on upcoming processor graphics devices by analyzing performance issues in software drivers and applications, implementing software performance improvements, and recommending future hardware & software improvements. Also responsible for providing internal and external feedback to implement upcoming graphics features in yet-to-be-released OSes to ensure our hardware and software will function and perform as expected on next generation platforms as well as designing/developing/implementing graphics system-level software for future platforms .
BS or MS in Computer Science/EE/CE or related field.
Candidate should have 5 years of experience should be in the following areas:
- Demonstrable knowledge of modern operating systems like Windows, Linux and/or Android.
- Strong software engineering competency C/C programming
- Familiarity with performance analysis tools such as GPUVIEW is preferred
- Experience with one or more modern low-level graphics APIs (OpenGL 4, DirectX 11, Vulkan).
- Desire to work in a creatively flexible atmosphere with nascent algorithms and hardware prototypes
Nice to Have
- Fluency in SDKs and APIs for new devices (Oculus SDK / OpenVR, Kinect SDK, OpenNI, OpenCV, ROS, etc).
- Proficiency with custom or commercial game engines including Unity or Unreal.
Besides technical expertise, the ability to work in a highly matrixed and collaborative environment is required.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.