TriStar Skyline Madison Campus - Madison, TN
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, TriStar Skyline Medical Center
is Tennessee's first comprehensive stroke center and a national leader in neuroscience. The facility is equipped with 213 beds and offers a full array of acute care services, including cardiology, oncology, orthopedics/spine, rehabilitation and emergency services. As an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, TriStar Skyline is a leading provider of emergency heart care. There are more than 400 physicians on staff, many of whom have offices located right next door in the TriStar Skyline Medical Plaza. A separate campus of TriStar Skyline Medical Center, TriStar Skyline Madison Campus
is looking for a Waiting Room Liaison on a PRN basis.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Promotes compliance with Patient Safety goals
- Responds to requests from patient/family.
- Assists with stocking supplies and maintains clean working environment.
- All behaviors fully support positive customer service.
- Registers and documents in Meditech accurately with attention to detail and prints appropriate forms online.
- Answers telephones and all inquiries in an attentive and helpful manner using scripted greeting.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of STAT needs for crisis intervention.
- Greets visitors, families, and physicians in a timely manner, giving full attention to their needs
- Manages Visitor and patient sign in sheets and tracks visitor and patient badges per policy
- Manages EMTALA arrival time log.
- Communicates procedure progress to patient families
- Communicates with options staff and coordinators visitors to patient rooms
- Performs duties of Options Unit Secretary/coordinator as needed
- Performs insurance verifications through passport or via telephone
- Performs QI data collection for psychiatric evaluations and psychosocials as time allows
- Performs Midas QI data and reports results to Options and Director
- Performs additional tasks at request of Director
- Performs ordering, scheduling, maintaining office and food supplies, scheduling for maintenance for all equipment.
- Monitors security alarms and communicates with appropriate staff when alarms are activated.
- Maintains "on call" list and communicates with "on call" staff when requested.
- Participates in emergency preparedness drills and activities.
- Provides training on equipment and applications to other members of staff.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Previous unit secretary experience preferred
- Basic computer skills required
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous Experience dealing with Insurance, customers, and communications preferred.
- MUST be available to work PRN.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom