Walgreens.com Pharmacy Technicians (Job Number: 024131)
CENTRAL PHARMACY OPERATIONS - 8350 S River Pky
8350 S River Pky
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home.
Walgreens is an equal-opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
This position is located at the Walgreens CPO, in the beautiful ASU Research Park in Tempe, AZ. Job Responsibilities
- Support all functions of the Contact Lens department.
- Support All functions of the Pharmacy department.
- Enter prescriptions with minimal error rate within departmental goals.
- Resolve Exceptions/Issues in a timely manner within departmental goals.
- Release exceptions from PROMISE system.
- Identifies and communicates issues to the Pharmacists, and/or Management.
- Responsible for working on Exceptions or other reports.
- Match and or merge customers web ID to intercom plus ID and accurately identify customers for online registration and service.
- Communicate via telephone and e-mail with patients, physicians, insurance plans and others.
- Other job duties as needed.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician/Technician Trainee (if trainee, ability to become a Certified Pharmacy Technician).
- Order Entry experience as well as knowledge of Third Party Plans and resolving exceptions.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- The ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Flexibility to work various hours, including Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, and overtime as needed.
- Minimum age 18 with GED or High School Diploma.
- Previous experience with Mail service or retail pharmacy.
- Ability to type 35 wpm.
- Current Arizona licensed Certified Pharmacy Technician. CPHT active license or trainee license strongly preferred.
- Familiarization with Internet and basic knowledge of browsers.
- Experience in WHCP Exceptions and/or Outbound Dr.Call Center.
- Working knowledge of ePowerCenter.
- Experience with Microsoft office applications.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.