Adecco is currently assisting a local client in their search to fill multiple Warehouse Associate I: Inventory Picker/Packer jobs in Paducah, Kentucky. This is a long-term, temporary opportunity.
Working in this role under general supervision, you would be responsible for performing a variety of warehouse-related duties such as preparing orders for shipment by picking items from shelves and placing them in totes and ensuring that orders are filled accurately and efficiently. Work environment is fast-paced and requires physical endurance.
1. You must have access to required transportation.
2. This is an overnight position. No day positions are offered.
3. Shifts are a minimum of 8 hours. Often shifts are 10-12 hours. Overtime is mandatory.
4. You must be able to walk, bend, stoop, and stand for the duration of your shift.
5. You must possess basic reading, math, and computer skills.
6. Drug tests and extensive background screenings are required for this position.
7. The assignment is expected to last through June 2017. Only candidates who are able to work the assignment in its entirety need apply.
8. Attendance and productivity standards are required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Primary duties include order fulfillment, stocking and replenishment, and outbound shipping of customer orders.
2. Must be able to utilize the functions of the warehouse management system in order to perform daily tasks.
3. Prepares orders for shipment by pulling items from shelves and placing them in totes to be packed and sent to customers.
4. Complies with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules and DEA regulations.
5. Must be able to work overtime when necessary and participate in physical inventory.
6. Have a good overall understanding of workflow and can work with minimal guidance
7. Performs related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires completion of a high school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of experience and education; normally requires less than one (1) year of equivalent work experience.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Ability to read and understand the English language for the purpose of comparing and reading product descriptions, names and shelf labels.
2. Must possess basic mathematical skills.
3. Strong organizational skills; detail oriented.
4. Basic computer knowledge preferred.
5. Maintain appropriate attendance standards.
6. Maintain appropriate productivity standards.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
1. Physical activity requiring reaching, bending, kneeling, stooping, pulling, carrying, balancing, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking and hearing.
2. Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
3. Associate is required to stand and walk for the duration of the shift (often 10 - 12 hours.)
4. Must be able to use wrist mounted controller unit.
Click on Apply Now to be considered for this job in Paducah, Kentucky or you can visit our website www.adeccousa.com to search for other opportunities that are currently available.
Adecco provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to contract workers.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.