Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
Amtech Elevator Services is a group of independent elevator companies operating in Southern California and Houston, Texas, acquired by Otis Elevator Company in 2003.
Although a wholly owned subsidiary of the Otis Elevator Company, our business objective is to be recognized as the premier regional, and more specifically, local elevator maintenance, repair, and modernization company. We offer quality maintenance, repair and modernization services for all types of vertical transportation systems regardless of the original manufacturer. Over the years, Amtech has been integrated into Otis, and maintains the same core values of people, safety, quality, and integrity.
Amtech Elevator has an opening for a Warehouse Associate in Glendale, California. Position overview includes the performance of all tasks involved in the shipment, requisition, and storage of materials, supplies, and equipment into and from warehouse. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inventory control, parts ordering, shipping/receiving, tool/equipment management consisting of ensuring equipment is up to date and operating properly
- Ensuring waste oil is properly contained, schedule pickups by waste oil vendor and proper disposal documentation is maintained in compliance with Otis and State regulations
- Prepare and submit required paperwork for State taxes due on hazardous waste shipments
- Arrange delivery of parts or equipment to jobsites
- Track and submit required paperwork for City parking permits and provide other vehicle fleet administration support
- Elevator industry a plus
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must have clean driving record
- Ability to drive F250 & F350 (1 ton+) trucks to coordinate and make material deliveries / pickups
- Ability pass Dept. of Transportation (DOT exam)
- The ideal candidate will have good written and verbal communication skills, be detail oriented, and organized. Demonstrated proficiency in planning, organizing and multi-tasking is required
- Experience supporting several departments preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, and Outlook
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
A little about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world's largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways - a constant, reliable name for more than 160 years.