Airgas Inc., an Air Liquide company, is one of the country's largest supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases . As the leading U.S. distributor, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. SUMMARY:
A Warehouse Associate is responsible for moving material within a warehouse, while adhering to the facility work rules and while meeting or exceeding the regular productivity, quality and safety standards. The normal duties may include unloading, palletizing, receiving, checking, locating, picking, packing, manifesting or loading, or other warehouse-related tasks as assigned. These duties may be accomplished by lifting (up to 50 pounds), placing, carrying, pushing, rolling (cages, carts, or ladders), using motorized conveyors, or operating hand trucks, pallet jacks (manual or powered), forklifts, order pickers, banding tools, packaging equipment or other material handling equipment. This position reports to a warehouse lead, supervisor, or manager as assigned. SHIFT:
8:30am - Completion (Normally between 6:00 and 6:30 PM but no later than 7:30 PM) Monday - Friday STARTING PAY
: $12.50/hr. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Meets company productivity and quality standards.
- Verifies accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments and orders.
- Loads and unloads trucks.
- Stacks and arranges products.
- Fills customers' orders according to specifications.
- Wraps/packs orders for shipping.
- Maintains clean work area to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Gain Share Program
- HS diploma/GED preferred or equivalent experience
- 0 - 1 year warehousing or similar experience
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Ability to push and or pull up to 75lbs
- Ability to stand/walk for 8 to 10 hours
- Ability to read and comprehend customers' orders, bills of lading, etc.
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge or ability to learn computer software systems
- Knowledge or ability to learn to operate both motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment to include but not limited to Stand-up Forklift, Sit-down Forklift, Cherry Picker, and Pallet Jack
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and work over-time as needed. Overtime may be prior to and/or after scheduled work hours.
• Each associate qualifies for a 2.5%, 5.0%, or 7.5% bonus each month if the facility meets its quality, inventory accuracy, and productivity goals.
• Percentage of gross pay is determined by the level of success from goals set for the facility. Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more! Qualifications:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability