Under general supervision of the Stocking Supervisor or other supervisory/management-level position within the Distribution Center stocks all products awaiting customer orders ensures product is in saleable condition and placed on shelves correctly so that Order Fillers can find them easily and pick them efficiently. Stocks all new and returned products in time for next order filling shift.
This position is categorized as compliance critical and as such requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division corporate and regulatory requirements.
- If available in the Distribution Center associate must be able to utilize the functions of the automated warehouse management system in order to perform daily tasks.
- May use an RF unit to scan transport number product and bin tags to verify proper location of merchandise.
- Transfers totes carts and pallets of verified merchandise from the receiving area to their assigned reserve stock locations.
- Locates the product being stocked within the assigned location and verifies that the NDC number and description of the new stock match the current stock before placing on shelves.
- Checks existing stock and removes any items that are damaged or have an expiration date of less than six months from the current date.
- Forwards any non-saleable products to the Return Goods area for processing.
- Places new stock behind the existing stock so that the stock with the earliest expiration date will be the first moved to the pick areas; puts customer returns back in proper warehouse location daily.
- Transfers merchandise from reserve stock area to assigned pick area when necessary.
- Verifies that the NDC/UPC number ABC number and product description matches the shelf label before placing merchandise on shelf.
- Breaks larger units down into correct pick quantity removes any cellophane wrap and fills the pick shelf properly with the latest expiration dates on the left and the earliest dates on the right.
- Picks interdivision UPS orders.
- Fills Friday pick orders for Saturday delivery customers; may also fill customer orders daily as situations arise.
- Maintains a clean work area to help ensure that merchandise remains clean and to help prevent work related injuries.
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary and participate in physical inventory.
- Complies with all appropriate policies procedures safety rules and regulations.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires completion of a high school diploma general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires less than one (1) year of equivalent work experience. Previous experience operating a forklift is preferred.
- Ability to read and understand the English language for the purpose of comparing and reading product descriptions names and shelf labels.
- Must possess basic mathematical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Ability to use good judgment in order to carry out detailed instructions.
- Knowledge of company's computer operating system (AS400) is a plus.
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.