PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor or other supervisory/management-level position within the facility responsible for performing a variety of warehouse-related duties such as receiving and storage of goods preparing orders for shipment by picking items from shelves and placing them in totes and ensuring that orders are filled accurately and efficiently continually striving for improved customer satisfaction.
This position is categorized as compliance critical and as such requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division corporate and regulatory requirements.
Qualifications: MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- If a fully automated PkMS enabled environment must be able to utilize the functions of the warehouse management system in order to perform daily tasks.
- Verifies merchandise received against receiving documents notes and reports discrepancies and any obvious damages.
- Stocks shelves with various types of merchandise.
- Rotates stock so that newly-received items can be used last.
- Prepares orders for shipment by pulling items from shelves and placing them in totes to be packed and sent to customers.
- Processes and performs data entry of returns also returns merchandise to proper shelf in the warehouse.
- Performs daily counting and researching of discrepancies.
- Assists with inventory procedures as requested.
- Maintains a clean work area to help ensure that merchandise remains clean and to help prevent work related injuries.
- Complies with all appropriate policies procedures safety rules and DEA regulations.
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary and participate in physical inventory.
- Have a good overall understanding of DC workflow and can work with minimal guidance.
- Primary duties include controlled substance stocking replenishment and order fulfillment; inbound receiving and customer and vendor returns.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires completion of a high school diploma general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of one (1) year of equivalent work experience.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read and understand the English language for the purpose of comparing and reading product descriptions names and shelf labels.
- Must possess basic mathematical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Ability to use good judgment in order to carry out detailed instructions.
- Basic computer knowledge preferred.
- Ability to operate equipment at high levels (20'-40') such as reach truck picker machine forklift etc.
- Ability to help train and assist associates when needed.
- Must be a team player and demonstrate effective communication and problem solving skills.
- Maintain appropriate attendance standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to operate in a production-driven environment and perform at the required standards.
- Physical activity requiring reaching, bending, kneeling, stooping, pulling, carrying, balancing, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking and hearing.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Associate is required to stand, walk (or otherwise be mobile).
- Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise.
- Ability to operate equipment such as forklift, reach trucks, pickers, etc.
- Must be able to use wrist mounted controller unit.
- Must be able to use box cutter to open boxes of product.
- Must meet at least 95% of the production standard.