Airgas Inc., an Air Liquide company, is one of the country's largest supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases . As the leading U.S. distributor, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you.
All candidates will be required to become forklift certified, as well as cross train in all areas of the warehouse. We are looking for candidates who take pride in their work as well as work safety.
Airgas Duluth Distribution Center has two major work groups:
• First work group hours of operations are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Fifteen minute paid break at 10:30 AM and 3:30 PM with a one hour unpaid lunch break from 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM.
• Second work group hours of operation are from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM. Fifteen minute paid break at 11:30 AM and 4:30 PM with a one hour unpaid lunch break from 1:30 PM to 2:30 PM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following :
• Meets company productivity and quality standards.
• Verifies accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments and orders.
• Loads and unloads trucks.
• Stacks and arranges products.
• Fills customers' orders according to specifications.
• Wraps/packs orders for shipping.
• Maintains clean work area to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Responsible for some kitting, light production duties.
• Responsible for the production of OEM components.
• Other duties may be assigned.
o First work group (8:30am - 5:30pm) is responsible for pulling orders, stocking purchase orders, cycle counting material, and inventory issues. Most associates in this work group operate a cherry picker and/or reach truck for the entire shift. All work is done standing. All work areas are on quality and production standard. All associates are required to meet the production and quality standard on the monthly basis.
o Second group (9:30am - 6:30pm) is responsible for receiving purchase orders, pack/ship orders, unloading and loading trucks. Most associates do not operate equipment. Most loading and unloading trucks are done with a powered pallet jack or sit down lift truck. We receive approximately two containers each month that are floor loaded and must unload by hand. Other than operating the sit down lift, all work is done standing. All work areas are on quality and production standard. All associates are required to meet the production and quality standard on the monthly basis.
• Requires HS diploma/GED or equivalent experience
• 0 - 1 year warehousing or similar experience
• Ability to lift 50lbs
• Ability to push and or pull up to 75lbs
• Ability to stand/walk for up to 8hrs
• Ability to read and comprehend customers' orders, bills of lading, etc.
• Basic math skills
• Knowledge or ability to learn computer software systems
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and work over-time as needed
• Recent experience operating Cherry Picker and Stand-up Forklift preferred
On average each associate will work thirty minutes overtime on the daily basis. Management will inform all associates of the predicted finish time per group by the associate's last paid break. As a general rule, no associate will work over 10 working hours in a day. Most of the overtime is done at the end of the shift. An associate working the full 10 hours would work 8:30 AM to 7:30 PM or 9:30 AM to 8:30 PM.
Depending on experience, starting at $12.50 hourly with full benefits after 30 days
GAIN SHARE PAYOUT
All Airgas associates are eligible for a gain share payout on the monthly basis. Gain share payouts are based on performance, quality, and inventory accuracy. There are three levels of payout - 2.5% or 5% or 7.5% of gross pay. In 2016, the Duluth Distribution Center associates received gain share payouts 11 of the 12 months - seven months at 2.5%, three months at 5%, and 1 month at 7.5%.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.