Under the general direction of Director Warehouse Operations, the Warehouse Automation Software Analyst supports, implements and manages various software/systematic/hardware/Warehouse Control System solutions and implementations that support AmerisourceBergen's business requirements. Also performs in a support role to sustain the solution after implementation. This is a remote position requiring extensive travel (including overnight travel) within the US. The ideal candidate will live close to a major airport for accessible frequent travel. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists corporate and/or division Material Handling Equipment (MHE) enhancement projects with evaluations, cost saving initiatives, estimates, budget tracking, purchase order management, designs, implementation plans, AmerisourceBergen Corporation (ABC) MHE Vendor Support, testing, training, documentation, delivery / deployment for project software / systems / hardware / equipment and project close out.
- Assists the Project Teams and Managers with implementations, design, functional specifications, issue tracking and trending analysis, leading support teams, training, trouble-shooting production and support questions.
- Leads, plans, and promotes change management processes.
- Evaluates business areas for the purpose of defining business needs and priorities and assists the business owner by translating these needs into functional and technical specifications by performing further analysis.
- Assists in developing and/or managing vendor contracts and negotiations associated with software/system/hardware/equipment.
- Assumes primary responsibility for analysis and documentation of cost-benefit analysis in preparation for business cases for new development projects.
- Develops proposals and evaluations that will provide the most appropriate solutions to solve business needs.
- Coordinates, measures, analyzes, evaluates, plans, communicates and implements projected workflow improvements and cost reductions attributable to new or improved systems, upgrades and refreshes to ensure they are achievable.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of preliminary user requirements as well as, support/modifications and documentation materials for all division systems.
- Participates in requirements inspections and evaluations.
- Assists in the post-implementation analysis to review and evaluate if the requirements were achieved.
- Works closely with corporate/division management and MHE support teams to evaluate, plan, roll out and sustain best practice initiatives.
- Assists in the development and roll out of training programs and materials that will assist the end users and customers in better utilizing new or enhanced applications.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary to support division processing.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- The candidate requires a strong understanding of WCS (Warehouse Control Systems) solutions.
- Normally requires some training in fields such as business, project management, administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year Bachelor's Degree program, technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Normally requires a minimum of four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.
- Strong Programming skills in SQL Server/Oracle and Visual Studio/Java in Material Handling domain are required.
- Previous experience with Warehouse Material Handling and Automation Systems
- Detailed knowledge of applicable programming languages used in ABC divisions
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with various levels within the organization (VPOs, DOs, IT/Operations/Maintenance resources, external vendors, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate and verify vendor messaging, software/hardware, business problems and apply applications knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management concepts and associated tool usage
- Good interpersonal skills; effective team player
- Ability to write functional and technical specifications
- Demonstrated strong issue resolution, analytical and problem-solving skills, including debugging MHE, automation, conveyor, vendor data and messaging
- Strong decision-making skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task several initiatives, production issues, etc. while meeting committed development delivery dates and managing individuals/teams as required
- Ability to prioritize workload and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Proficient with MS Office suite of products, mainly Word and Excel
- Willing to travel up to 50% for long periods of time, and up to 75% for short periods
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.