With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Handles, allocates and transfers unusual and varied material, equipment, kits, supplies and shortages that are required and conducive to maintaining an efficient material flow through the Production/Service areas. Will be responsible for accurate and timely preparation of shipments leaving the Carrollton location. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Perform shipping duties.
- Perform Scan & Store on auditable documents.
- Performs manual and routine clerical duties in stockroom / warehouse.
- Physically transfers material to assembly areas.
- Verifies and maintains repair documentation.
- Utilizes small hand tools and may operate material handling equipment including forklifts, pallet handlers, skids and hand trucks.
- Perform verification on SAP transactions within the department.
- Performs cycle counts.
- Performs receipt of part and repair returns in SAP.
- Prepare all necessary shipping documents in an accurate and timely manner.
- Comply with all applicable regulations and standards; OSHA, MSDS, FDA, ISO.
- Assist Purchasing Agent/Master Planner as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and able to solve practical problems.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three years of related job experience.
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions.
- Prior SAP experience.
- Experience operating a forklift, pallet handlers, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.