Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter . Description About the Washington State Convention Center
For over 25 years, Washington State Convention Center has been the Northwest's premier meetings and events facility. WSCC welcomes thousands of visitors from around the globe each year, offering award-winning catering menus along with comprehensive, industry-leading services for event planners, exhibitors and guests. Located in the heart of Seattle, a city resonating with innovative minds and a vibrant arts scene, the WSCC is within walking distance of world-class hotels, restaurants, hospitals, and a myriad of the Northwest's best entertainment and attractions options. With a longstanding commitment to sustainability, public art and modern technology, WSCC serves its surrounding community and provides visitors with a truly unique Northwest experience.
Aramark's award winning, all Pro-Chef certified culinary team at the WSCC, works hard to exceed the expectations of every guest. We are the only convention center in the country - and the only banquet operation in the city - to be honored with the NACE "Best On-Premise Catering Event" award. Our chefs create unique, regional dishes, made with locally sourced produce, seafood, meats and wines, in our scratch kitchen. Even the flour used in our in-house bakery comes from no-till farms in Eastern Washington. WSCC and Aramark are committed to the underlying ethical standards that match Seattle's social conscience. What we do in our kitchen for events cannot be duplicated by other convention centers; what we do can only happen in Washington. Aramark Sports and Entertainment:
The Sports and Entertainment division within Aramark Corporation serves more than 200 premier stadiums, arenas, convention centers and concert venues. Since 1975 we've created culinary memories throughout the United States. The secret to our success is that we start with great food and a well managed facility. We understand that ensuring a memorable experience for our customers goes far beyond the food we serve. Position Summary:
Under the direction of the Warehouse Manager the Warehouse Clerk is responsible for performing any combination of warehouse task including receiving and storing inventory, and distributing merchandise and products to various components. Must be detailed orientated and computer literate. Must be able to stay on task and complete receiving and inventories in a timely fashion. Essential Functions:
Status and Scope:
- Responsible for receiving any products delivered to the warehouse.
- Responsible for proper safe storage of all products delivered to the warehouse.
- Responsible for pulling any and all product on requisitions for daily distribution.
- Responsible for conducting weekly and monthly inventory counts.
- Responsible for keeping FIFO (first in first out) receiving controls.
- Responsible for maintaining Aramark alcohol beverage issuance policies.
- Responsible for maintaining clean and safe warehouse environment.
- Responsible for assisting recycle center as needed.
- Responsible for assisting delivery drivers in loading and possible deliveries of warehouse goods.
- Responsible for safe operating manual pallet jacks for freight distribution (training provided).
- Responsible for safe operating electric pallet jacks for freight distribution (training provided).
- Responsible for safe onsite deliveries by electric or gas powered cart( with valid drivers licenses - minimum age 21 - training provided)
- May be responsible for safe forklift operation (electric and propane) for unloading and loading freight.(minimum age 21 - training provided).
- May be responsible for driving warehouse van (minimum age 21 - training provided)
- Follows, implements all emergency procedures.
- Follows Aramark policies and procedures and safety policies.
- May be required to work overtime, and/or weekends.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the Warehouse Manager.
- Must be willing to work event based hours as necessary which may include days, evenings, nights, weekends and/or holidays.
Reports to Warehouse Manager Executive Steward Qualifications Qualifications:
High school diploma or equivalent required. Two years experience in a like employment. 21 or older.
- This position may require you drive a company vehicle. If so you are required to:
- Have a valid US Driver's License
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Pass a driving record background check (MVR)
Telephone, calculator, photocopier, computer, fax machine, pallet jack, fork lift (occasional), electric pallet jack, hand truck Travel Requirements:
Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements:
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.