Monitor scheduled activities by shift with respect to orders, door assignments, dispatch of trucks, and contract carriers supporting production and various other departments on a daily basis. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and fills orders and performs order status inquiry for all completed orders. Adjusts orders as necessary when damages or shortages occur.
- Fills and prepares inventory for transportation and monitors progress throughout shift to assure efficient completion of duties.
- Performs physical counts, cycle counts, and periodic inventory verification.
- Assist transportation function by directing carrier drivers on empty trailer dropping and load pick-up processes.
- Complete bill of lading, packing list, seal assignment, and bar code assignments for each order.
- Cross trains and assists with other departments when necessary.
- Complies with SOPs, GMPs, safety rules and regulations, and departmental procedures.
- Drive bobtail truck as needed.
- Assist Warehouse Supervisor in obtaining maximum efficiency and productivity in warehouse operations.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs and comfortable with using a computer.
- Ability to train others in on specified core competencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Perform removal of hazardous waste.
Education and/or experience
- Requires strong interpersonal and organization skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient in warehouse management systems and pc environments.
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- Must possess one (1) year experience within most recent three (3) years.
- Must possess acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) based on hiring standards.
- Must meet all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements.
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.).
- Required to monitor facility conditions pertaining to safety, cleanliness, temperature, and general operational functions.
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, AA preferred.
- 1-3 years of warehouse and/or technical office experience.
• Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
• In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility. Working Environment
• Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
• No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
• Will work in a cold, wet environment
• Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
• Must be able to work overtime as required. (only for non-exempt positions)
• May be required to work in a confined area.
• Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.