Interline Brands, Inc. (“Interline”) is among the nation’s largest distributors and direct marketers of specialty maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products, both branded and private label. In 2015, Interline was acquired by The Home Depot®.
It stocks more than 100,000 plumbing, janitorial, electrical, hardware, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and other MRO products, from more than 3000 suppliers worldwide. Products and value-added services are sold to more than 175,000 active customers, including facilities maintenance customers, professional contractors, and specialty distributors. Key end-markets include multifamily housing; health care institutions; educational organizations; lodging; plumbing, mechanical, and HVAC contractors; locksmiths and hardware stores. The company operates more than 70 distribution centers / branches and four regional replenishment centers across the United States, which facilitates reliable same-day or next-day delivery service to 98% of the U.S. population.
Interline employs a multi-dimensional sales model to drive market share gains, utilizing the following primary channels: field sales representatives, telesales and direct marketing including online websites, catalogs, business-to-business selling portals, and fliers. With a unified operating platform, the company can sell the same product to various customers utilizing different pricing schedules and different service models, depending on the needs of each customer.
If you want to join a dynamic organization where leadership strives to put their best foot forward with their employees and their clients, come join the Interline Team.
We are seeking a Warehouse Driver to join our Yakima, WA Distribution Center. The work days are Monday through Friday, and the work hours are 6:30 AM to 5:00 PM, depending on the load.
You will play a major role in customer satisfaction and fulfillment. You will have the opportunity to cross train in a variety of other warehouse functions including order selection, packaging, quality control, shipping, receiving, and inventory control. As a team player, you will work with us to achieve our goal of Exceeding Expectations Everyday. We provide hands on training which will allow you to learn our environment quickly and master tasks quickly. We work diligently to provide a safe work environment and as an IBI associate it is our expectation that you will follow all safety procedures.
Responsibilities of this role may include:
- Following all safety procedures
- Operating Material Handling Equipment such as motorized carts, pallet jacks, cherry pickers and reach trucks
- Outbound functions include selecting, checking, packing and shipping orders
- Inbound functions include receiving, placement and put away of product
- Inventory Control includes cycle counts, inventory moves and accountability for all warehouse inventory accuracy
- Housekeeping is the responsibility of all associates
- Assisting with general operations and maintenance
- Delivery product to our local customers
As a Delivery Driver you will be responsible for the distribution and delivery of maintenance, repair and operational (MRO) products to a variety of facilities and businesses. You will operate a company delivery truck, loading and unloading freight for deliveries to local customers.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Performing pre and post trip vehicle inspections to insure your vehicle is ready for the road
- Loading the truck in an efficient manner for unload and confirming customer orders
- Climbing in and out of delivery cab to accommodate customer deliveries throughout the day
- Operating foot and hand controls for commercial vehicles
- Operating commercial vehicle in compliance with local, state and federal laws
- Creating customer cheerleaders through excellent customer service; providing assistance as a liaison between customer service and delivery location as needed
- Performing overtime as required, accomplishing deliveries and maintaining customer satisfaction
- Obtaining delivery confirmation via manual or electronic methods
- Performing warehouse duties and tasks assigned
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to Operations Manager.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be twenty-one years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Minimal or no educational requirement for this job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- 1 year of previous delivery driver experience preferred
- Class B CDL preferred
- Some distribution experience preferred
- Ability to change tasks easily in a fast paced environment
- Accuracy and productivity standards must be maintained
- Stable job history - previous employment will be verified.
- Ability to stand on feet for extended periods of time
- Good English reading and speaking skills
- Good basic math skills
- Basic PC skills
- RF use preferred
- Material handling experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
As a Delivery Driver you must be a team player with excellent customer service skills and the drive to succeed. Qualified candidates are self-motivated, responsible, highly organized and able to multitask in a fast paced and changing environment.
Other requirements of the Local Truck Driver include:
- Valid, active Drivers License
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record
- Ability to load and unload heavy items up to 70 lbs.
- Must pass DOT physical, criminal check and drug screen
- Excellent customer service skills
- Clean appearance
- Must be familiar with local and surrounding areas
- Ability to read a maps and follow directions
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!