You'll Find It With Us!
Airgas USA, LLC, through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation's leading suppliers of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, and hardgoods, such as welding equipment and related products.
Airgas is a leading U.S.producer of atmospheric gases with 16 air separation plants; a leading producer of carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide; one of the largest U.S.suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
More than 17,000 associates work in approximately 1,100 locations, including branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty gas labs, production facilities, and distribution centers.
Airgas also markets its products and services through e-Business, catalog, and telesales channels. Its national scale and strong local presence offer a competitive edge to its diversified customer base.The Northern California & Nevada (NCN) Region of Airgas USA, LLC., is seeking a Warehouseperson I to join our San Jose, CA branch operations team.
- Ships and receives hardgoods, loads and unloads gas cylinders, and arranges for delivery of cylinders and hardgoods.
- Stocks shelves, steel racks, counters, and tables with merchandise and maintains showroom displays.
- Obtains or transfers merchandise requested by customers to and from other locations.
- Answers customer questions concerning location, price, and use of merchandise.
- Accepts payment and makes change.
- Wraps or bags merchandise for customers and assists in loading and unloading cylinders.
- Communicates by phone and in person with customers, sales staff, store managers, and others, inquiring about and providing information on cost, ordering and delivery times, etc.
- Establishes and maintains good customer relations.
- Maintains neat, clean, and professional personal appearance.
- Coordinates with purchasing department any product shortages or outages.
- Ensures all administrative and accounting related procedures are strictly observed.
- Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed.
- Operates forklift and other equipment as required.
- Performs general housekeeping duties as required.
- Ability to handle cash transactions accurately.
- Reliable transportation to be able to work at any branch on a scheduled day.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to routinely lift 25 - 50 lbs and occasionally lift 51 - 80 lbs.
- Ability to stand for a prolonged period of time (up to 8 hours) required; frequent bending, occasional climbing, and kneeling required.
- Ability to read and comprehend Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Must be able to work occasional overtime when necessary.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 110 degrees.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and more).Qualifications:
- Setup and promotion of welding equipment and processes.
- Some experience in handling compressed gases.
- Customer service or sales experience.
- Computer skills or some knowledge of computer order entry system.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.