First - Third Shifts
- Evaluate and prioritize daily workload
- Assign tasks and coordinate warehouse activities
- Evaluate and coordinate the bulk and pack-line processes and procedures for continuous improvement
- Identify, evaluate and coordinate the training of shipping personnel.
- Assist the Shipping/FES Supervisor with performance reviews and disciplinary actions
- Work with the Shipping/FES Supervisor on continuous improvement of processes and procedures
- Assist the Account Team in ensuring customer requirements are met
- Meet daily productivity goals established for shipping activities. Adjust and correct when goals are not met.
- Develop team members reporting to lead to increase flexibility of team in shipping department.
- Trouble shoot problems with the pick confirming, packing, missing product, system issues, etc., when needed.
- Prioritize orders according to the urgency of delivery and follow up on the status of those shipments.
- Coordinate the bulk process by prioritizing the daily orders, sample boxes, paper work, and setting up the production line.
- Have contact with the UPS reps and for any system problems.
- Notify the Department Supervisor of personnel, product or shipping related issues.
- Investigate and resolve picking errors such as, wrong quantities, wrong piece, wrong product in location, etc.
- Discuss on a daily or weekly basis the individual % of error with the shipping clerks. Follow up with a positive or negative ROD when appropriate.
- Monitor the employees starting and ending times, ensuring all employees are at their working stations and ready to work.
- Monitor all shipping personnel ensuring maximum production.
- Responsible to drive process improvement efforts through innovative and motivational techniques.
- Walk the racks and ensure the pickers are keeping the racks clean, opening only one product box per pallet, picking product by layer to ensure safety standards, and notify a material handler of any unsafe conditions.
- Ensure all Pick ‘n Pack labels and orders are processed accurately and on time.
- Develop and maintain functional back-ups for each critical job function for the shipping area.
- Train employees as needed.
- Other duties as may be assigned
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.