Overview: Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
- This is a part-time, seasonal position with an event-based schedule.
- Supervise warehouse workers with all of the following, as well as lead by example to yield task completion.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Must be compliant with applicable OSHA laws and other safety rules and procedures.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using computer.
- Rotate stock.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock.
- Issue or distribute materials, products and supplies to customers or coworkers, based on information from incoming requisitions.
- Provide assistance to other warehouse workers.
- Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Operate vehicles or material-moving equipment.
- Forklifts - Sit-down forklifts; Stand-up forklifts; Warehouse forklifts
- Ladders - Stepladders
- Hand trucks or accessories - Hand trucks
- Pallet trucks - Electric pallet jacks; Manual pallet jacks
- Tugger - Utility tug trucks
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 50lbs
- The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Forklift trained and able to use manual pallet jack. This training is provided by the employer.
- Must be TEAM certified or obtain TEAM certification during probationary period. This training is provided by the employer.
- Face-to-Face Discussions
- Ability to work with a group/team
- Changes in environment
- Wear common protective or safety equipment
- Importance of being exact and accurate
- Spend time using your hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Warehouse experience
- Prior food and beverage service experience
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.