At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Warehouse Logistics Specialist for the Columbia, MO plant location. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Warehouse Logistics Specialist
will provide process and systems Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support to Super Users and Users in the process stream for all relevant 3M ERP systems (e-1M, SAP WM, MES, etc). They will work with the Corporate Group, Business Groups, and the SAP team to ensure alignment to the global deployment schedule and activities to ensure a successful SAP deployment.
The person hired for this position will also drive complex projects using Lean Six Sigma tools aimed at achieving customer service goals through warehousing and transportation efficiencies. Contribute to the expansion of state-of-the-art knowledge in warehousing by developing and testing new techniques utilizing knowledge acquired through experience and education.
Interface with cross-functional resources emphasizing problem solving, error prevention and improvement of operating systems and procedures. Apply analytical skills and interpretation of trends or data generated by company reporting systems, statistical results, or other information collection methods. Consistently seek, share, and drive implementation of cross-functional best practices in lean material flow.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Business Transformation Logistics Execution Lead (LEX)
- Responsible for the development and execution of the LEX Business Transformation Preparedness A3 and driving process simplification and standardization. This includes communication plans, change management activities, meeting Gate deliverables, and other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for understanding the Corporate direction for warehousing activities, expectations, and build that process ownership prior to go-live. Participate in Train the Trainer activities and coordinate training for all LEX employees.
- Responsible for a successful development and deployment of an interim state solution and future SAP/MES Warehousing, Shipping, Receiving, Kitting, and Transportation processes.
- Project Management
- Use Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies to enhance our business and financial performance by systematically responding to customer needs. Streamlining our warehouse, transportation, logistics, shipping, receiving, and material movement processes by creating speed, eliminating waste and driving overall operational excellence. This includes analyzing project financials and driving results.
- Develop and lead improvement projects and solutions. Coach employees during projects with knowledge of warehousing, transportation, inventory, material flow, import, export, procurement, planning, etc. Determine priorities, assign responsibilities, implement timelines and project plans to ensure success.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience in Operations, Supply Chain, and/or Logistics
- Combined experience leading and participating on projects and/or project management experience
- Experience in a highly regulated industry
- Led multiple Green Belt and Lean projects
- Organizational and time management skills
- Experience with multiple divisions and product lines
- Excellent oral and written communication; good presentation skills
- Minimum of five years in warehousing, distribution, or logistics experience or interaction
- Ability (Desire & Drive) to lead and coach cross-functional, multi-location teams
- Change management experience; especially experience within SAP Business Transformation
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to influence others and work effectively in a team environment
- Experience or knowledge of 3M planning systems and order flow such as SAP, E1M, JDA, Factory Planner, SCP, DMPT, PeopleSoft, COMS, GGSM, GDMR, IMES, USS, SCPA, ERC, etc.
- Ability to obtain and analyze large amounts of data and use that data to make critical business decisions (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access - Reporting & Analytics, SCPA, etc)
- Intimate knowledge of either FTS or LEX SAP processes
Location: Columbia, MO
Travel: May include up to 15% travel
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.