Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Components Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Memphis, Tennessee for a Warehouse Management System (WMS) Super User. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading projects.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Manages, develops, and implements project(s) of varying complexity and size in assigned functional area. Partners with business stakeholders to ensure a successful project completion.
- Identifies, tracks, and works with others to resolve project issues.
- Monitors and communicates project status to project team.
- Maintains project notes, databases, and other records; monitors measures and communicates with Project Sponsor and other stakeholders on status of specific projects and assignments.
- Identifies and assigns appropriate resources to accomplish various project tasks.
- Issue Management - Maintains a cross-functional project issues list, with appropriate prioritization based on the issue's level of importance. Drives appropriate and timely resolution and approval of changes to the project plan.
- Scope Management - Solicits and organizes customer requirements (Voice of the Customer), and tracks the status of project deliverables. Uses a Value Package Profile (VPP) or other appropriate scope-defining document, and manages change. Manages the connections between multiple levels of scope detail in related additional documents (e.g. Tech Profiles or equivalent documents).
- Schedule Management - Develops and maintains a cross-functional schedule. Proficient at one or more schedule management tools. Knows the right level of detail needed to use the tool effectively.
- Resource Plan Management - Develops and manages a cross-functional resource plan for a project. Knows the right level of detail needed to complete the processes and use the tools effectively.
- Stakeholder Management And Communication - Identifies, engages and manages stakeholders on a project or groups of projects. Overcomes obstacles and resistance among stakeholders. Effectively stratifies stakeholder needs and creates and executes communications plans to fit the unique needs of each type of stakeholder.
- Business Planning/Strategy - Familiar with tools for financial analysis and its relevance. Knows when, where, and how to get assistance.
- Cross-Functional Knowledge - Understands the more detailed hand-offs between functional areas on a project, and knows the detailed work of at least one functional area.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Intermediate to Advanced SQL programming language.
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel.
- 1-2 years Red Prairie experience.
- Needs to be a self starter working with little to no guidance.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Work with relevant stakeholders (including MDC Operations,3PL, Cummins IT, and ADSC group) to develop, test, and implement mapping and configuration changes to accomplish Memphis Distribution Center business objectives
- Interface with relevant stakeholders to resolve/improve WMS issues impacting task completion, response time, process control, and efficiency
- Must be flexible & available to work during on-call hours to intake & resolve WMS issues on site
- Responsible for WMS related system upgrade/improvement/testing projects, including whole flow testing
- Extract, analyze, and utilize data to monitor performance and plan improvements in warehouse related to WMS issues;
- Must be flexible & available to work off-shift hours for special projects as needed.
College, university, or equivalent degree required. Degree in Information Systems preferred. Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience plus annualized bonus potential. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.