Under general supervision of the Director of Operations within a facility with more than 20,000 lines per day, primarily responsible for planning, coordinating, controlling and managing warehouse operations on a single shift and ensuring compliance with company, federal and state regulations regarding controlled substances, pharmaceuticals, hazardous and flammable materials. This position is categorized as compliance critical and, as such, requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division, corporate and regulatory requirements. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Responsible for the selection, training and performance management for the Distribution Center associates in the warehouse; tracks, monitors and controls daily attendance and overtime
- Manages the engineered standards and pay for performance program for the warehouse associates intended to maximize efficiency against the engineered standards
- Ensures cleanliness of the facility
- Directs warehouse activities to ensure efficient and economical utilization of facilities for storing and distributing inventory.
- Responsible for efficient operation of, stocking, order filling, returns, inventory and receiving departments. Oversee shipping operations (UPS, emergency orders, ESI or general deliveries)
- Responds to production problems and implements solutions. Works with Customer Care and transportation teams to address service requests
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with Distribution Center associates.
- Enforces compliance with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules and all government regulations.
- Studies current and future needs of the Company as it relates to the management of receiving, stocking, inventory, returns, shipping and order filling; develops and recommends improvements in current warehouse practices to promote efficiency, accuracy, faster service and lower costs.
- Reviews, tracks and analyzes Critical Success Measures and compares the results with the targets on a regular basis; develops and implements plans for improvement in areas such as order filling errors, late deliveries, and overall service levels.
- Maintains process management, teamwork, productivity measurements and quality control.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of the department budget and ensures warehouse operations with approved budget; manages associates and warehouse supplies to operate within the departmental budget.
- Must be willing to work extended hours, take part in the weekend on call rotation as needed, in order to meet productivity goals and provide emergency service to customers
- Must be willing to participate in physical inventory as scheduled.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible experience, including at least two (2) years at a supervisory level. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good negotiating skills
- Good decision making skills
- Strong leadership skills; train, motivate, direct the work of others
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of ABC warehouse operations, engineered standards and regulatory compliance matters (PkMS, Work Info, or similar systems)
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail, meet deadlines and work in a production-driven environment
- Excellent problem solving skills and decision making
- Ability to plan and conduct effective meetings
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Knowledge of computers to operative effectively with Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.