Under general supervision of the Operations Manager primarily responsible for planning coordinating controlling and managing warehouse operations (nights) within a fully automated PkMS enabled Distribution Center. Responsible for ensuring compliance with company federal and state regulations regarding controlled substances pharmaceuticals hazardous and flammable materials.
This position is categorized as compliance critical and as such requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for supervising the accurate and efficient process of receiving stocking shipping replenishment and picking all classes of merchandise.
- Ensures compliance with all government regulations.
- Ensures cleanliness of the facility during the night shift.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable safety policies and procedures.
- Assists the Operations Manager with developing and recommending plans to improve current warehouse processes and configurations to promote efficiency faster service and lower costs.
- Ensures the completion of PkMS directed warehouse management activities and tasks.
- Manages the engineered standards and pay for performance program for the night shift associates intended to maximize efficiency.
- Responsible for scheduling providing appropriate resources and completing production for the night shift activities.
- Ensures that the night shift is operating at maximum efficiency against the engineered standard.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with Distribution Center associates.
- Responsible for the selection training and performance management for the warehouse associates on the night shift; tracks and monitors daily attendance and overtime.
- Responsible for motivating and directing the work of others.
- May assist the Operations Manager in the preparation of the department budget and ensures warehouse operations with approved budget; manages associates and warehouse supplies to operate within the departmental budget.
- Must be willing to work extended hours as needed in order to meet productivity goals.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration accountancy sales marketing computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible experience including at least two (2) years at a supervisory level.
- Detailed understanding of PkMS configuration and functionality; working knowledge of automated warehouse operating systems
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Effective presentation skills
- Ability to train motivate and direct the work of others
- Ability to plan and conduct effective meetings
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a production-driven environment
- Strong decision making skills
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Working knowledge of regulatory compliance matters
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.