Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter . Description
Western First Aid & Safety (a division of Aramark) is a van-based first aid supplier of top-quality first aid and safety products. We work with organizations to help meet their workplace safety needs. Certification and compliance courses are offered as well. Western First Aid & Safety is based in Kansas City, but operates throughout the United States.
We are looking for an effective Warehouse Manager to join our team and help drive our growing business. The person in this position will direct our receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations. This involves overseeing the efficient receipt, storage, and dispatch of first aid and safety equipment and supplies, as well as managing inventory and maintaining business relationships with our clients and vendors. This position also offers potential for growth and advancement opportunities. Details about the responsibilities and qualifications are listed below.
- Implement best practices for logistics principles, policies, and processes to improve operational and financial performance
- Plan, manage, and evaluate logistics operations by liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, transportation companies, and customers
- Resolve distribution and logistical issues while providing excellent service and high levels of quality
- Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs
- Coordinate the purchase of materials to support the function of Western First Aid's business
- Monitor sales and inventory levels of selected SKUs, updating forecasts as needed
- Identify and resolve any inventory discrepancies and update management database when necessary
- Ensure the IT systems in place are effective and accurately maintained
- Ensure metrics, reports, and process documentation are available
- As the organization grows, will manage a staff within the warehouse; including hiring, training, motivating, coaching, and evaluating performance.
- Prior experience working in a logistics/supply function, with knowledge of supply management procedures and best practices
- Prior management experience, preferably within a warehouse environment
- Proficient in standard business office software
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organization skills, with high detail orientation
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with others
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer/client orientation
- Able to perform financial calculations
- Ability to lift, push, pull 30lbs in a warehouse environment
- May be exposed to environmental changes and temperature fluctuations within the warehouse
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.