Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company. What do you get to do in this position?
The DC Manager is in charge of the management of a Distribution Center (DC), assuring all the SC&L operations to ensure the fulfillment of the logistic offer; manage and optimize the administration of logistics management functions; and ensure the coordination for inventory control, warehousing, transportation & distribution.
Responsible for performance, quality, and budget of warehouse operations. Will handle DC day-to-day operation, act as first line leader to deploy Schneider management system such as SPS / WMS and relative improvement actions. Will initiate and deploy all necessary action to ensure and improve warehouse operation performance including Inventory Control, Inbound, and Outbound Warehouse Supervisors, operations, security, efficiency, and quality.
Qualifications: This job might be for you if:
- Lead warehouse team to run a smooth warehouse operation in the area of receiving, storage, delivery.
- Manages all financial processes associated with the Distribution Center including accounts payable, receivable and budget.
- Assist Director of Operations to establish and maintain standard warehouse operation processes and ensure warehouse staff comply.
- Make sure warehouse's 5S and EH&S optimize the goods stored in warehouse and ensure inventory accuracy and warehouse safety.
- Participate warehouse project to set up, expand, and improve the development of warehouse infrastructure.
- Organize the layout of warehouse, efficiently improve warehouse capacity.
- Evaluates processes, capital expenditures, makes recommendations and participates in achieving objectives while fulfilling budgetary and financial obligations for distribution center.
- Lead warehouse team to carry out department plan to meet company target, continuously enhance working efficiency and reduce warehouse cost.
- Ensure inventory accuracy, periodically implement cycle account; ensure parts storage safely and properly.
- Assist Warehouse Supervisors to train warehouse operators and evaluate their performance.
- Maintain effective communication while coordinating with QC, Planning, Engineering and Transportation department and logistics services provider to achieve company objectives.
- Promptly report employee, staffing, or operational issues as they occur
- Coordinate repairs, maintenance, and programs for DC operating equipment
- Remit weekly written report as defined and requested by manager
- Perform many other responsibilities or duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or related field required.
- 3 to 5 years' warehouse/logistics management experience in Logistics/Industrial field.
- Familiar with warehouse management system, strong knowledge of Oracle
- Excellent organizational, time management, communication, decision-making and relationship management skills.
- Flexibility to respond to shifting priorities and ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Knowledge of or experience in a lean manufacturing environment
- Very strong interpersonal skills - including strong conflict resolutions skills
- Ability to envision team improvements and rally the team to achieve them
- Positive, enthusiastic, team player, champion for the business and our customers.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills to include Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Position may require lifting, carrying, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling and/or squatting and holding in place parts weighting up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled warehouse environment.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.