Airgas, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation's leading suppliers of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, and hard goods, such as welding equipment and related products. Airgas is a leading U.S.producer of atmospheric gases with 16 air separation plants; a leading producer of carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide; one of the largest U.S.suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals. More than 16,000 associates work in approximately 1,100 locations, including branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty gas labs, production facilities, and distribution centers. Airgas also markets its products and services through e-Business, catalog, and telesales channels. Its national scale and strong local presence offer a competitive edge to its diversified customer base.
We are currently seeking a motivated individual to become a Warehouse / Cylinder Filler
at our Bloomington, Illinois
branch. JOB SUMMARY:
Makes and/or repackages and pumps compressed and liquefied gas into cylinders. Performs warehousing, shipping, and receiving duties. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Positions cylinders in at fill stations. Operates equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders.
- Performs all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections and tests before cylinders are released. Cylinders requiring maintenance or repair are removed from service until corrected.
- Regularly inspects and maintains pumping apparatus and associated monitoring devices.
- Fills cylinders or containers to proper capacity by observing gauge to fill cylinder to specified pressure; observing scale indicator to fill cylinders to specified weight or filling cylinder to excess, rolling cylinder onto scale and connecting exhaust line to release excess gas and attain prescribed weight.
- Accurately maintains cylinder filling records and ensures that all required procedures are followed in order to comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Completes and attaches warning and other identification tags, labels and decals to cylinders.
- Loads cylinders onto vehicles using hand truck or lift gate and records type and quantity of cylinders.
- Receives, unpacks, examines, and documents incoming shipments.
- Process and/or returns damaged goods.
- Moves stock to and from shipping and receiving area to storage area.
- Prepares and routes merchandise for shipment.
- Assists in providing counter sales customer service.
- Releases daily invoices and completes all required hand written and computer generated documentation on a timely and accurate basis.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of associates of the organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess valid forklift operator's license REASONING ABILITY
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The USES category for this position is heavy. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The associate frequently is required to sit. The employee must regularly lift up to 60 pounds and move more than 125 lbs with the aid of material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Monday - Friday workweek, competitive salary and full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, holidays, sick days, short and long term disability.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.