Do you see yourself working for a diverse company with a clear vision?
Airgas Inc., an industry leader in the packaged gas business, believes our greatest asset is our people. When you join Airgas, you become a part of a team of more than 18,000 associates and a company that understands the value of our family like atmosphere. If you are interested in working for a financially sound, best-in-class Company, and one that cares about its employees, join our talent network today!
Airgas USA, LLC is currently seeking an energetic, self-motivated person to fulfill an Warehouse/Delivery Person position in Fort Worth, TX.
This person will perform warehousing, shipping, and receiving duties and will deliver products to customers. He/She will make repairs to MIG/TIG Torches and act as the primary backup to the Service Coordinator.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive, unpack, examine, document and distribute incoming shipments, and move stock to and from shipping/receiving area to destination.
- Process vendor returns of department goods, obtain RGA from vendor and maintain proof of delivery.
- Utilize tech software to route machines for shipment and pick-up. Input incoming machines into tech software, tag each machine with customer information.
- Perform delivery driver duties as required. Class C non-CDL driver's license required. Obtain customer signature on receipt for pickup or deliver, load/unload truck daily.
- Complete daily requirements for use of On Board Computer (OBC) and manual Driver Log system. Comply with all commercial vehicle regulatory and safety requirements. Achieve and maintain Airgas Class 2 Driver Qualification file.
- Primary backup for Service Coordinator's duties including processing parts orders, quotes and invoices for machine repairs. Effectively communicate with customers and Airgas associates on status of repairs.
- Lead on repair of MIG and TIG torches and water coolers. Process parts orders, quotes and invoices for gun repairs. Effectively communicate with customers and Airgas associates on status of repairs.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Work safely and meet the requirements of all safety procedures and rules as prescribed by State, Federal, and Company authorities.
- Maintain a clean and orderly appearance of truck. Arrange and complete routine periodic maintenance on truck with company Fleet Manager.
- Organize, prepare and clean machines as needed in support of technician team.
- Additional duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two years related product and/or sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficient with entering data into a computer and email. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from associates and customers. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent's. REASONING ABILITY
Ability to solve practical problems while experiencing a variety of subjective variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid state driver's license. Class C non-CDL. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel or use a calculator or computer; and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving office machine parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.