AIRGAS USA, LLC -
is one of the nation's leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty gases, and hard goods, such as welding equipment and related products. Airgas is a leading U.S. producer of atmospheric gases with 16 air separation plants, a leading producer of carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide, one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products, and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals. We have more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations nationwide. Airgas is a company of hard-working men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed. When a challenge arises, we provide the right solutions, leveraging our many years of industry process expertise and our extensive gases, welding, and safety products offering.
We are seeking an experienced local Warehouse / Inside Sales for our Nashville, TN branch (Located at 7236 Centennial). JOB SUMMARY:
Sells industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding equipment and hardgoods and tools to customers. Responds to inquiries or concerns from either walk-in customers or those customers that call-in. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Solicits sales from walk-in or telephone call-in customers.
- Accurately completes all required paperwork (e.g., coding, costing, pricing, daily cash summary, bank deposits, etc.) on a timely basis.
- Documents sales, quotes or other information.
- Enters sales data into the computer and researches information for customers using the computer system.
- Receives payment for merchandise or services sold and enters sale into the computer. Responsible for payments received and adhering to all administrative and accounting related procedures. Wraps and bags purchase and helps customers load merchandise into their vehicles.
- Helps customers to identify product needs and locating merchandise.
- Restocks store merchandise as needed. Arranges stock on shelves or racks in sales area and keeps merchandise in order. Marks or tickets merchandise.
- Maintains current price documentation and product literature as it becomes available.
- Keeps product knowledge current.
- Follows all safety procedures.
- Receives, unpacks, examines, and documents incoming shipments.
- Process and/or returns damaged goods.
- Moves stock to and from shipping and receiving area to storage area.
- Prepares and routes merchandise for shipment.
- Releases daily invoices and completes all required hand written and computer generated documentation on a timely and accurate basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two years related product and/or sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficient with entering data into a computer. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write routine business reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and customers. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percents. REASONING ABILITY
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess a valid forklift operator's license. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, sit, smell and talk or hear. The associate is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel or use a calculator or computer; and reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and crouch. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving office machine parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.Looking for a great company to work for? You'll Find It With Us! Airgas offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement and more !!!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.