Company Information: Airgas Inc., an Air Liquide company, is one of the country's largest supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases . As the leading U.S. distributor, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. Job Summary:
The Warehouse Supervisor has general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities on a daily basis. The supervisor is responsible for supervising assigned department within the distribution center in a manner consistent with company and department policy and procedures. This position will be responsible for the production of OEM components. Work Schedule: Approximately 10:15am to 7:15pm (Opening to closing) Specific Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supervise and coordinate all activities associated with assigned distribution center department.
- Responsible for kitting, light production duties and supervising production associates.
- Prepare and deliver quarterly employee performance and production reviews with warehouse employees.
- Hazardous training for all new employees.
- Minimum of 80 percent of time spent on the production floor.
- Maintain clean, neat and orderly work areas and aisles throughout the distribution center.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety and are in accordance with OSHA and MSDS standards. Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all material handling equipment.
- Participate in establishing work schedules. Ensure that the schedules are correctly implemented and that the jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
- Apply sound communication and motivational techniques in supervising, counseling, and disciplining subordinates.
- Compile and maintain established productivity and quality standards for each member of your assigned team.
- Provide input into the performance evaluation system for recommending promotions, wage increases, and termination's.
- Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Complete any other assignments delegated to you by the DC Manager in a timely and efficient manner.
- Bachelor's degree, preferred in business management, operations/organizational management or a comparable field
- More than 5 years warehousing or similar experience.
- Previous supervisory experience within a distribution or warehousing environment is a plus.
- Specialized knowledge in an area of warehousing.
- Certified to operate forklift.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to read and comprehend customers' orders, bills of lading, etc.
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Knowledge of computer software systems; Outlook, Excel, and Word is a must.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more! Qualifications:
- Lifting 50 lbs.
- Sitting, 20% of time
- Standing, 60 to 100% of time
- Walking, 60 to 100% of time
- Repetitive Motion
- Noise Exposure
- Operating Moving Machinery
- Speaking publicly
- Monitoring other people's work
- Wear personal protective equipment
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.